Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Cerberus Trifecta - Cerb v2 newbe build

wayno, thinking on this is 80% of my pleasure and perfection is always a goal. problem is the vids don't show the feel and its obviously hard to articulate. its simply sloppy at zero throttle. its epic the rest of the time but "locking in" when your floating (zero throttle, 200' high) it should stay in the attitude i last set it.. catching it is not comfortable and its not predictable. at zero throttle its a free fall feeling.

what would y'all consider key to having a "locked in" feel. P I D or rates... or ?

next step would be to raise P till it shakes and back off D till the motors heat....etc... i was trying to sneak up on the tune from behind by adding a little.

currently i think rates i have are already high.. there may be an underlying issue...

Reactions: HighTechPauper
no "modes"
..and don't have any on the mini eather. the mini has a different curve set on a switch. 70% i think is our "slow it down " mode. yesterday nsj flew though his car and he kicked that "mode one" before.. other than different curves in the tx for the mini, i haven't even started tx expo with the 5"

4.5 percent should be reasonable and that is the same as I have mine set for, I don't use air mode at all but wonder if you should try it once just to see if it makes any difference on your drift. As for sound, can you refresh me a bit about where the mic is? And are you using anything like smart audio on the same wire?

Reactions: Wayno52
tech, the mic is on the runcam swft 2. here's the wiring.. 15162551558321504756157.jpg white wire goes to the vtx. i haven't setup smart audio but i think thats not audio but a route to setting vtx with your tx/stix? here's the vtx wiring. ugg everything is under paracord but this is how it is wired.

Attachments

• 151625556833997839454.jpg
    151625556833997839454.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 2
Reactions: Wayno52
Smart audio (TBS Unify standard) is capable of both audio AND changing vtx settings with sticks at the same time. The cam audio wire just goes 2 places instead of 1, to a UART TX pin that can be used to change vtx settings AND to your vtx audio in to go out over the 5.8 with the video to your goggles to come out your earphone jack.

But it needs a resistor added (usually) to work properly I think, simple google search would find that for you.

But about your wireout...

Are you giving your camera power from both your vtx and your vbat at the same time? And if from VBat, where is the ground wire for that? It can't be through the vtx, that would be a problem. I would either power the vtx (hopefully it is an HV and can take direct lipo) and then power the cam off of the VTX 5v output UNLESS the cam can also take direct lipo too at which time I may take both right to the battery + and - legs in to the pdb or fc.

Something seems wrong about what I'm seeing... I think. What vtx exactly do you have? And the camera is a swift 2?
This will allow me to get some better docs off the web and have a hard look at where they should be going, but right now, I think something seems... off somehow. Just to tired right now to brain, I have the dumbs.

Randy

i can do a video conference..
VTX is now a TBS unify pro 5v. i started with the 12v tbs unify pro race but swapped out while issues with that were being resolved. i must have had that wired wrong as well. I'll crack the hood in the 5" later today and bare all.

power is from the vtx to the camera. the runcam swift has a blue wire that goes to battery + to display running voltage. so vtx is grounded and powered from the FC along with osd point... white wire? i need to crack the hood and look again.

on another note, at lunch today (just now) i plugged into BF and set airmode to "always on". BINGO... locked in like the mini now at zero throttle. i think it can be a little more snappy and motors are coming back cool to the touch after a whole battery.

...we figure this video issue out and the 5" build is done. woohoo... thanks y'all

i did notice that motor 3 is idling at 1043 where the other three idle at 1055.. any idea why? (DSHOT 600)

Reactions: VirtueViolater
@tech
Team BlackSheep TBS UNIFY PRO 5G8 V2 (SMA) 25 - 800mw version.
& runcam swift 2.

Sorry Futura, busy lately. I will look at this sometime tomorrow and get back to you asap. About the other things above, not sure, lets see if the gurus come back with any suggestions while I look at the ideal wire out (IMHO) for your parts.
Talk to you in 24 or so hopefully, the weather is giving me a break for the next 3, and brother I am flying.

no worries, i hope you get to fly...
there is no hurry. this is a hobby!

i like to take my time and get moneys worth. like this thread... its added a ton of value to my experience. it's not really easy to remember to share (photos and such) on the forum but the added effort of doing this thread really gave me more return for my dollar as a hobby.

more should try this. it also makes you aware that your **** better be straight before posting... that added pressure i found, is a good thing.

Reactions: VirtueViolater
wayno, thinking on this is 80% of my pleasure and perfection is always a goal. problem is the vids don't show the feel and its obviously hard to articulate. its simply sloppy at zero throttle. its epic the rest of the time but "locking in" when your floating (zero throttle, 200' high) it should stay in the attitude i last set it.. catching it is not comfortable and its not predictable. at zero throttle its a free fall feeling.

what would y'all consider key to having a "locked in" feel. P I D or rates... or ?

next step would be to raise P till it shakes and back off D till the motors heat....etc... i was trying to sneak up on the tune from behind by adding a little.

currently i think rates i have are already high.. there may be an underlying issue...
I find that unless you have a bad motor or extremely high or low pids, pid tuning is a personal feel thing

so any ideas on why one motor is idling slower? you don't calibrate with dshot but I'm wondering if i should reset to single/ multi shot.. calibrate and go back then to DShot.
we just flew the hell out of it at lunch today.. i adjusted saturation and sharpness in the camera. we are very close...
work has sucked all my time other than flying so still have to present that vtx setup.. soon

other than setup flights..the 5" is to big for my yard.

the 2 new xm+ receivers came in today and the micro comes back to life this weekend. should be fun. new 4in1, new motors, new rx... full rebuild.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
captadam