Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Cerberus Trifecta - Cerb v2 newbe build

i think I'm done tuning this 5" for now. this was a great flight today. plugged into betaflight twice to tweek I
pushed anti gravity from 1 to 2 to help drift during punch outs. I is still high at 50...
I'm seeing some bounce back in snappy rolls.. a little.. what do y'all see.

Reactions: Wayno52
I didn't see anything obvious that needs tuning, tuning is really a personal preference thing. Have you tried the 4 blade props yet? If so, what do ya think about em?

Reactions: Futuramille
thanks Wayne, the playground got small real quick flying 5" but i certainly do feel fortunate.
its definitely personal feel thing virtue. good thing is my son and i fly similar feel.. (have always shared toys) basically that last flight we had finally added the 10% TX expo after a couple weeks of pid/rate tuning only. i saved the tx expo till the last.
basically its just turning it on (put it in the loop) but it helps soften just enough at center stick to notice in the camera replay (not so jerky)
after the maiden flights, i stopped flying it and "Nate Dogg FPV" aka my 20yo did all the test flights. i asked for moves, constant feedback and watched vids to make changes. (lots of looking up)
yesterday, adding TX expo was my first time flying after betaflight tuning.
i only have one set of gear and trading back n forth is hard on goggles and increases chance of TX mistakes.
plus i wanted to see if i could tune it withought flying... just for fun.. make it a team thing. it worked.

first question is.. its a micro, should i really try to softmount the motors (yes)
... but with what? i was considering a thick carton type paper... like a gasket. just so the motors arnt against cf. i don't think it needs much and it didn't have it before.. needs something though.

Reactions: Wayno52
good point! Ill be softmounting the FC.
i replaced the "stack connectors" or whatever they are called and went with nylon through bolts. I've cut and got the custom spacers too. all up i lost 3mm if stack height. these cerbs are tight so it was worth the effort. 1517500064609728338487.jpg

one side done... this is kinda tricky with the paracord... your limited and must plan ahead... it adds to a rather simple task of tying motor to esc what ever..
attention to detail helps me sleep better.1517703573759252523817.jpg

Reactions: VirtueViolater

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax