Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Cerberus Trifecta - Cerb v2 newbe build

the micro was setup/ tested with 2s batteries. it's dreamy on 2s. 3s it was snotty quick and motors got hot.

i reduced D from 35 to 31. they ran a bit cooler but it felt soft. it had 15% expo and i was running an additional 20% on the trx. i reduced the tx to 5% just to keep it engaged.
the 3s are running cooler but now on 2s, its falling from the sky after quick rolls. it could be the pid changes but it could be a bad motor. (no issues in 3s)
since i got 3s fingered, its time to put pids on a switch and check if the 2s are happy again back at the original settings.
one thing I'm learning is the micro is finicky but daaaammn it flies beastly for its size.

any reason it should seem to unbind on an esc in heavy moves if all i did was lower D?... and then not to happen with 3s?

Reactions: VirtueViolater
on the 5" V2, i went between flynoceros and TBS blacksheep guys for a few days. finally shipped the vtx back to flynoceros. they will check it and send a new one if they verify its broke. meanwhile, yesterday i bought a new tbs unify pro HV (sma). the broke one was the race version with only 25 - 200mw power. i have this pro HV in the mini and its awesome with the runcam swift v2.
a couple days and we should have video and a 5" cerb maiden flight.

so it seems like I'm going in circles. on the micro, 3s were getting rather hot. not real bad but around 115f. so i started playing with pids, decreased D etc. i started getting "roll of death" which can resolved with a few settings in blheli.
but, at some point i did something and now only motor 1 is responding. motor four doesn't show at all. when powered up only motor 1 spins.
i think the first step is fingering motor 4 but this is a 4in1 esc so harder to tell if its esc or motor. i messed something up and need to reload/resync the other escs?
anyone run into this delima? direction?

Just to make sure it isn't something I was running into, you may want to check that all peripherals are turned off in the ports tab, especially if you are using any soft serial.
Just a stab in the dark here.

Reactions: Futuramille
ok, I'll go through the wiring. i have more micro motors on order and plan to replace at least 3 & 4. this is getting interesting... I'm about at nose level drowning wise. tee v2 going to take some interesting wiring (finishing) and then i can now see that dressing wires before it flies can add substantial work in tuning.
oh well, 6 day vacation starts on the 14th...time to get it straight then.

blhelli isn't reading all four motors. it doesn't see #4 but when spun up using the "all motor power" slider..either blheli, betaflight or on the ground witty the tx... only #4 spins now.
the mini still flies and burned a few batteries. this micro is being finicky...

When I had Soft Serial enabled in the Configuration - "Other Features" section, and had RunCam or Tramp or TBS Smart Audio enabled as a Peripherals in Ports, the ESC's could not be read or flashed.

I'd try going all the way back through the set-up process before i messed with hardware
Also, you said you flashed your motors meaning esc's? If so, try going back to the previous version

Last edited:
Reactions: Futuramille
got a new vtx yesterday and planning on how to wire it. I went with the tbs unify pro v2 (sma) instead of the race version. the wiring is a bit different. (5v instead of 12V).

note to self... the vtx pwr/gnd wire shouldn't have been 5min apoxied so early (12V). i got it removed but that was surgical with an exacto bladed soldering iron tip . worked pretty good actually. found the exacto blade tip in an older radio shack soldering set.
again, no more 5min apoxy until it maidens successfully.

Last edited:
Reactions: VirtueViolater

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MopacFPV