Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Yo, Hey from Georgia!

AirTac

Reaction score
I’ve been in RC forever, planes and helis’ for twenty five years. Drones for three years, racing drones two days. I just got a ViFly R130 yesterday and stonewalled already. I think I’m binded to my Spektrum Dx7, but the motors won’t respond. Yeah, I’ve checked everything and tried all the natural and some unnatural things. No luck.
Anyway, I’m glad to join up with you guys and hope to learn a lot and maybe help - someday!

Last edited:
Are you arming with the default stick command (usually zero throttle, yaw left or yaw right for about one second)? You can use a switch instead, configured through the modes tab in the betaflight chrome browser app.
I’ve seen YouTube videos of this. I’ve looked over the downloads for betaflight but don’t know the best one for my set up. The latest one just sounds like the best because it usually is in other things. But, there are a lot of warnings and terms I’m not familiar with, yet. I don’t want to fry anything.

Reactions: Wayno52
You don't need to flash new firmware, you just need to configure the betaflight version already on the drone. Get the betaflight configurator app inside chrome browser. It is some kind of add or whatever they call it for chrome. Look for a little icon that says "apps" in the top left of chrome.

Reactions: AirTac and Wayno52
You don't need to flash new firmware, you just need to configure the betaflight version already on the drone. Get the betaflight configurator app inside chrome browser. It is some kind of add or whatever they call it for chrome. Look for a little icon that says "apps" in the top left of chrome.
Thnx! Configurator sounds like what I need. I’m to green to know exactly how to connect to my PC. I’m sure with USB from drone, but how about the battery, do I power up and turn on the controller? Answers to that would sure help.

Welcome AirTac. It’s all confusing at the start. If anyone can help these guys can. I spent hours on mine over weekend, eventually gave in and took it to my tech guru. 3 day weekend and not one pack burnt. Grrrr best of luck

Reactions: AirTac
Please make sure to remove props before plugging anything into your quad. Once you add betaflight to your chrome apps, open configuration tab, look at the arm bracket and assign it to a switch. When you have your quad hooked via usb to your puter, only plug battery in when prompted.

With you guys Help and encouragement I have a pretty good working knowledge of Betaflight. I’ve spent hours going over the R130’s setup and everything was pretty much right on the sticks. I set up the Aux switches for modes, beeper, etc. and slid the bars to where the bug was in there when the switch is activated. I didn’t know anything about how/why the bar size is important, so left those as they were. I set an ARM switch and, guess what? The motors still won’t spin. I tried every available ESC/Motor available. It was set to DSHOT600 so I put it back there. Tried the Motor Stop & Disarm Motor switches each way. Tried setting the throttle stick sensitivity above 1100. I’ve quit for the day with no luck. Could the Motor ESC (if it has one) or Motor controller, whatever makes it go simply be dead? I may change my user name to Wits End.

Reactions: theGreenOrange
Does the arm icon light up on the modes tab when you flip the switch?

To test motors and ESC's, TAKE OFF PROPS, go to motors tab. Plug in the lipo and accept responsibility for not hurting yourself (a slider on the page). Raise the master slider a little bit and see if all the motors work.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
If the above wom't work using dshot, try with multishot but you will need to calibrate the ESC's. It is easy though.

With props off and lipo inplugged, go to motors tab and accept responsibility. Max the master slider, plug in lipo wait for beeps. Lower master slider to min, wait for beeps, unplug lipo.

Also, did you see the joshua bardwell video on quad not arming?

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Are you positive you're bound?
Yep, it’s bound. Everything responds on Betaflight when I use the Tx to test each function. When I’m off Betaflight and on battery the beeper works when the switch is flipped. No other responses are able to show since it won’t spin up.

Reactions: theGreenOrange

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FAllfrey