Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

What now?

Wayno52

Reaction score
So on my 3rd pack of the day I was seeing how the range was flying across the road behind a fair few trees and into the cemetery.
Maybe it was just a cursed spot to fly but I had a little bump as you can see.
Now no video feed.
Brand new tbs 800mw vtx too.
Ufl antenna still well and truly connected with a good dab of e6000. Can't see anything loose or damaged so what is it? Thoughts on where to start?

Since it happened on a strike, I'd check again to make sure everything's still connected properly. Sometimes a solder looks good but it's hanging by a thread, or a wire is internally damaged with the sheath intact.

Is the VTX lighting up? I've actually had mine change channels on an impact, did you scan?

Last edited:
RTK is correct, start with checking power to vTX, LED's and stuff. Could be a broken wire is my guess.

Reactions: Wayno52
Thanks rtk,not sure why I didn't check vtx power on the field but I have no led's lighting up. Did a scan and it was getting on in the day so I just left.
Will have to wait till I get back home unfortunately as I don't have much in the way of tools when I travel.
Gonna be a long 3 weeks.
Cheers guys.

Thanks rtk,not sure why I didn't check vtx power on the field but I have no led's lighting up. Did a scan and it was getting on in the day so I just left.
Will have to wait till I get back home unfortunately as I don't have much in the way of tools when I travel.
Gonna be a long 3 weeks.
Cheers guys.
As mentioned above, my guess is one of the supply vtx wires may have come adrift. I upgraded my Hawk 5 and lost transmission mid flight which sent me into a wild panic, found it through sheer luck and one of my soldering efforts was less than impressive. And just now as I pack my stuff up for the big commute, last battery flying my turbobee 120 rs, clipped a tree and tore off the antenna. Too late in the day for a fix and I’ll be online ordering a better ufl antenna in about three minutes.
Good luck and have a safe trip.

This is an awesome Ufl antenna IMHO mate.
Yep, I’ve already taken your advice previously. It’s a winner and I’ll use one on the turbobee. As for flying after work, bit of light after work but not enough to load up a few packs. I reckon another month or two and I’ll get that flying smile back. I suggested that fpv should be part of the site induction, but all I get are blank stares......

Gonna be a long 3 weeks.

If you don't have a TS100 you should get one today! Not sure where you are, but they've got them on Amazon:

I'm still working on my travel tool set too. I hate having all my gear and being grounded, but to carry all the tools and spares you might need is kinda a lot :)

OK so after a bit more research I found out that the vtx sits on a low-ripple board.
That was where the power went into.
I got a hold of a great friend of ours(Randy) who has the same bird.
He looked over everything and helped me find a solution to get back up in the air.
We bypassed the board and he checked all out and we decided to try straight into the vtx with the connector.
Had to do a bit of moving things around but I fired it up (props off) gave it some stick and she seems good.
Had to re glue a few things so won't test fly till tomorrow.
Hopefully happy days...

You da man Randy.

OK so after a bit more research I found out that the vtx sits on a low-ripple board.
That was where the power went into.
I got a hold of a great friend of ours(Randy) who has the same bird.
He looked over everything and helped me find a solution to get back up in the air.
We bypassed the board and he checked all out and we decided to try straight into the vtx with the connector.
Had to do a bit of moving things around but I fired it up (props off) gave it some stick and she seems good.
Had to re glue a few things so won't test fly till tomorrow.
Hopefully happy days...

You da man Randy.
And that is why this forum smokes the rest of them.... Good news and you can close the lid on the bin that you probably had ready!

Must admit that I usually refuse to give in when I come across a weird quad problem, but having said that, I was recently soldering a new FC board on one of my micros and I sneezed. The soldering iron slipped and I munted the 5v regulator. After yelling a bit, that quad went straight in the bin. Geez that felt good and I celebrated by giving the bin a kick on the way to the fridge.
As for work, warming up a bit and the flies are out. Thank goodness for underground. Starting a new gig shortly at another mine and I get an office to go with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FAllfrey