Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Random number in middle of Runcam Swift 2 screen?

CC268

Reaction score
I can't for the life of me figure out why there is a random number "255" in the middle of my camera screen. I've gone into the OSD settings and can't find anything to remove it.

Any suggestions??

unnamed.jpg

Try clearing the name fields etc

I went into the CAM title settings and all that and cleared it. Still nothing. This is with the camera hooked up to an external battery and hooked up to an external screen. Maybe it wouldn't do that if I had it hooked up to the FC. IDK. Super weird. Never again will I buy one of these cheap ARRIS RTF drones. I've practically rebuilt the thing already lol. In fact the only stock thing is the motors and the frame.

I emailed Runcam to see if they know what it is.

Somewhere in the thing is a stuck Hex FF (hexadecimal for the number 255), try putting something in every field to see which one changes the 255 to something else.

Somewhere in the thing is a stuck Hex FF (hexadecimal for the number 255), try putting something in every field to see which one changes the 255 to something else.

Not sure what you mean by "put something in every field to see which one changes the 255 to something else"? What field are you referring to?

Thanks

Maybe like fill the cam title area with letters and save it, adjust settings or anything else OSD wise and have a look to see if it changes in any way position or whatever, you know configure it all differently and see if anything has an effect on what is being displayed. Are you even sure it is from the camera, or is it the FC, or is it from the VTX or is it the external monitor or...?

Reactions: Jtrjr
Or maybe the receiver, just guessing at all the possibilities because I have no real information, just a brief description and a dozen possibilities, which in my experience usually starts with a bad diagnosis.

Thanks for the feedback. Yea idk what it is. I emailed Runcam and I am not sure they even know what it is. If I can't remove it then I will leave it around as a spare and pick up another. It isn't a huge deal.

Wow so Runcam is sending me a new board for the camera for free!
That is awesome CC, please follow up here on this thread and let us know if it fixes the issue. Would be good to know in case someone else runs into it.

Reactions: Wayno52

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlysTroe