Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Quitters can't be racers...

Interesting.
With the dx6e, you have to use a wireless "dongle"
Interesting. I'm assuming you send from the TX to the RX and the RX is connected to the computer by USB. Correct?,
Basically looks like usb flash memory. Just plug it in.
57df0cab59f4d3c15b48f10d08828abe.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Picture is worth a thousand words. Now I understand. Thanks.

Interesting.

Interesting. I'm assuming you send from the TX to the RX and the RX is connected to the computer by USB. Correct?,

Picture is worth a thousand words. Now I understand. Thanks.

I believe they also make a frsky receiver although it is not highly rated. But these are the most useful dongles i have ever used to connect tx to a sim. I have friends that use other brands of tx and other methods of connecting to sim but a spektrum dsmx tx of whichever model along with the orange usb is the best feel and lowest latency out of all. They say some other brands pull off lower latency using sbus type connections but after using them i do not think its the case. Stick to actual usb rx like this one and avoid the cable based connections, the latency experienced over time changes sporadically and usually at a very bad time . This is very opposite what science says should happen. The only thing I can think of is voltage spikes from battery powered tx and usb5v from computer causing periods of high latency or maybe the composition or length of the cable used.
Sorry for so much detail but im curious if other people noticed the same
thing and have a fix.

With my Taranis I just hook up a mini USB to the TX and plug it into my PC. No issues with this that I have noticed.

man this hobby is trying. i wonder how many people try to get into this hobby and just give up. ordered a vr d2 diversity goggle, received it and spent two hrs trying to get them working properly with no luck. if this had been my first pair, with all the other stuff i had to figure out i may have given up myself....lol. the guys who stick with this hobby after all the agrivation and ups and down are a determined bunch. me, im just hardheaded and stubborn....lol
ive gotten this far all by myself with the exception of the great folks on this site. i often wish i had local folks to fly with and brain pick for knowledge. maybe i need to reload facebook on my phone after not having it for a couple years now, not liking that idea too much

Reactions: Jtrjr
This is a tough hobby. You really have to be prepared for failure. It comes in many forms. Your equipment and your ability mostly. Equipment is a total crap shoot, you pick and choose based on the advice of the others that came before you. You pick an FC, a frame, a VTX, props, battery, etc. You have no real idea on how they all work together. You just pick based on research.

Your ability is totally on you. I've watched others surpass me in their ability in mere weeks. The younger guys and experienced heli pilots seem to do a bit better than us old inexperienced guys. Must be the video games and the staunch heli discipline and (military) experience. I'm a grunt Jarhead.

Don't let anyone fool you, this is an expensive hobby. A decent battery is at least $20. A frame $30-$120, a Flight Controller - $20-$60, a PDB $10-$50, a VTX - $12-$50, Motors $20 a pop, ESC's $12-$20 and so on. These things will break, be prepared to buy new stuff. Add to that chargers, checkers, soldering iron, solder, flux, wire, connectors and talent and you've got the perfect mix for failure. Especially, if your wife is breathing down your back.

Like any real success in your life, this takes time, patience, money and a WILLINGNESS TO FAIL. Because you will! You'll do it over and over again, or you'll quit. If you like failing and have unlimited time and resources this is the perfect hobby for you.

Here's the catch, when you have done everything and you get that bird in the air for 3-6 minutes, you are free! You see something that very few will ever see. It's all on you, what you've done, what you've learned, your tenacity! No one that you talk to or that sees your video will ever understand it. They won't get what you went through to get to this tiny milestone. Nobody will get it but you. It's all your moment.

If you quit things when they don't suit you, stay away from this hobby. If you want accolades and applause from your feats, stay away from this hobby. If you hate fixing things, stay away from this hobby. If you don't like to research and learn, stay away from tis hobby. If you want freedom, your own time and space for 3-6 minutes at a crack, suck it up and learn. Do it again and again!

QUITERS NEVER WIN AND WINNERS NEVER QUIT!!!

Just my thoughts after 6-7 months in this hobby.

Jerry

Bump...

It's getting awfully quiet around here. Where'd everybody go?

Jerry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18