Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Props

DavidKersting

Reaction score
So, wanted to pass on some learning I have gained over time. Props. Why have so many.
Ya, break and replace, but why so many in our tool lunch box.

I put props into 4 categories.
1) Manufacturer (Length and Pitch): There is a huge difference and I have found that I use different ones dependent on the load I am carrying (battery size, go-pro etc) or the flying I want to do (FPV/ LOS Freestyle). The drone will handle very differently on prop changes both by a variation in the same manufacturer, or by different manufacturers. Find the ones you like for each scenario. I am big fan of 3 blade Cyclones.

2) New: Yup, no vibration and fly great---If Im trying to get stable go-pro footage or fly on rails for FPV this is it.

3) Semi-used: Scuffed/ tips worn etc. These are great for practice but even chewing the tips straight (yes literally) wont allow the drone to fly like new props.

4) Used Up: These are the props we save because you know they will lift the drone off the ground......I save them (like most people I think), but they are accumulating in my tool box like rabbits....I am working hard to understand that drone props are not ungodly priced and risking my >$100 drone on these is not worth it. Even worse, I found myself saving my semi-damaged heli props as they aint cheap.......really not smart. For those that fly heli,,,,,,you get it I'm sure.

Fly hard guys and gals.

Attachments

• IMG_4609.jpg
    IMG_4609.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
Reactions: Futuramille

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax