Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Need some ideas!

If the weather is good enough I sit in the garage and whoop around the inside and outside of the house, and if the weather is even better I go to a friends about 3 miles away and fly on his 300+ acres of property. I am such a hermit that things haven't changed that much for me.

Well over here in Western Australia, we have very strict social distancing rules including a hard lock down of our border with the eastern states. I have to carry my work security pass and a letter from the company to permit me to travel through internal regions on the way to the airport. The cops running these road blocks are nice enough but it’s just weird.
I‘m a little bit fortunate in having a large enough block to fly on (not 300 acres....) and I can sneak down to the local park if need be. They are issuing in excess of $1000 fines for those caught breaking the essential travel guidelines so you have to be a little bit smart about it. I’ll take a couple of quads into town on the premise of needing to buy groceries but I’ve had a few people stare at me at the footy park and I’m waiting for the cops to turn up at times.
I‘ve been given permission to fly at work so I’ll be taking my kit with me this week to get some stick time, and if we have an outbreak of the ‘thing’, we will be in a minimum of two weeks lock down so the quad will come in handy.
Actually I had a look at my quads up on the wall this morning and may have to break them up to adhere to the ‘no more than two’ together in any one place.....

Well over here in Western Australia, we have very strict social distancing rules including a hard lock down of our border with the eastern states. I have to carry my work security pass and a letter from the company to permit me to travel through internal regions on the way to the airport. The cops running these road blocks are nice enough but it’s just weird.
I‘m a little bit fortunate in having a large enough block to fly on (not 300 acres....) and I can sneak down to the local park if need be. They are issuing in excess of $1000 fines for those caught breaking the essential travel guidelines so you have to be a little bit smart about it. I’ll take a couple of quads into town on the premise of needing to buy groceries but I’ve had a few people stare at me at the footy park and I’m waiting for the cops to turn up at times.
I‘ve been given permission to fly at work so I’ll be taking my kit with me this week to get some stick time, and if we have an outbreak of the ‘thing’, we will be in a minimum of two weeks lock down so the quad will come in handy.
Actually I had a look at my quads up on the wall this morning and may have to break them up to adhere to the ‘no more than two’ together in any one place.....
Good to hear from you Tevek! I haven't ventured out at all to fly. City has mandated the local parking enforcement the ability to issue $850 fines for breaking the social distancing laws. I am hearing, have yet to confirm, that some of them are on a bit of a power trip and issuing citations with unreasonable cause. Local father took his 2 kids out for a rollerblade to get some air. they cut through a park and were stopped and issued the fine. City has specifically stated that you can walk/ride/jog through the parks, it is the playgrounds, B-Ball courts, etc. that are closed and punishable if caught.
Ah well... hope you and your family stay safe! Post the videos that you can. I will be living vicariously through you guys! :)

Good to hear from you Tevek! I haven't ventured out at all to fly. City has mandated the local parking enforcement the ability to issue $850 fines for breaking the social distancing laws. I am hearing, have yet to confirm, that some of them are on a bit of a power trip and issuing citations with unreasonable cause. Local father took his 2 kids out for a rollerblade to get some air. they cut through a park and were stopped and issued the fine. City has specifically stated that you can walk/ride/jog through the parks, it is the playgrounds, B-Ball courts, etc. that are closed and punishable if caught.
Ah well... hope you and your family stay safe! Post the videos that you can. I will be living vicariously through you guys! :)
Thanks big guy, there have been reports of some really bad decisions made over east with fines being issued and later rescinded due to them being classified as being just stupid. A lot of people are just scared and bewildered, my mum and dad are in their 80s and us kids are keeping food and the like up to them to keep them safe as they don’t know what to do. As for footage, still trying to put together something worthy of this forum. Challenging trying to bring my focus to the drone world without thinking of my kids, my little brothers and sisters, my folks and the other people in my community.
We will get there, we always do, but people over here are already looking for a payback.
Probably shouldn’t have said that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18