Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Motor issue

WingsGB

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So i was flying my quad when it just droped from the sky, Sounded like i lost power. I arm'd my quad on the ground and all motors span up. As i increaed my throttle all is fine then just as i start to get lift the front right motor makes a donk sound and stops. Disarm and re arm and the same will happen

Is this a faulty motor?

Wings,

First thing that I would do is make sure there is nothing in the motor. Many times when you have even a mild crash dirt and debris can actually get in the motor housing. Hand spin the motor and see if you can feel anything in there.

Jerry

everything feels the same as the other motors, I also couldnt see any obvious signs of debri.

Wings,

I guess if it were me, I would start doing a very thorough inspection before I started to replace things. I had a similar issue yesterday, one of my birds wasn't providing my radio with telemetry data. It wasn't until I actually started ripping it apart that I found a loose wire.

I'd start by pulling the motor screws on that motor and start working my way back to the PDB and FC looking for any loose, nicked or cut wire. Look the ESC over very carefully and compare it to the others, are there any tiny pieces missing? Make sure you look at the bottom side of it as well. Follow the wires from the ESC to the PDB and FC and make sure all the connections are solid and secure.

If all of that looks good, I'd probably get the soldering iron out and start by swapping the motor and/or ESC.

Jerry

So after checking and resoldering all the connections to that motor i found it to be still failing. I started to swop around the parts and it seems to be a faulty motor.

Thanks for the input

Reactions: Jtrjr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18