Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Making the DJI FPV : Search and Rescue Ready by Phantomrain.org

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
The idea of using the DJI FPV for Search and Rescue Comes from Gearing up and using Search and Rescue Drones comes from knowing how there used and to keep it very simple: Its Spot the Victim and Carry and Release and signal command.

Couple things to note: Most Emergency / Fire / Forest / Rescue and Police use a pre made up version of the Mavic 2 Enterprise that surpasses what the Mavic 2 Enterprise offers and than they focus on what the most Important tasks.

I have a few pictures below.

They have the ability to throw light and Release rescue Equipment.
many of them are geared up with the Wet Suits to make them Weatherproof and fitted for the Rescue Jacket to remote land on water.

When geared up fully the Mavic 2 and Enterprise flight time is about 15 minutes or less.
So the first flight is to utilize the Spot light to search for the Rescue , the Second Flight is to Release emergency Rescue : : Food, phone: Life Jacket: The Third Flight is used to Signal back operations to Command.

The Mavic 2 can fly out a Full Size Life Vest for River Rescue Operations, something that the DJI FPV may be able to do also,.

FullSizeRender.jpgScreenshot-05-02-2020-15-58-19-5ed4fe9337113.jpg

Which brings us to the DJI FPV for Search and Rescue if is it even possible , and I think so :

The Potential that the Googles provide plus its ability to fly in low line areas gives it a niche for Search and Rescue missions.
The built in flashings lights is a plus for being spotted on the ground for remote landing and signaling from the sky.
It will also aid in having more than one drone in the sky with each drone having its own color signal so Pilots dont mix up which drone is theres, which happens some time.

So right off the bat the DJI FPV Drone come with a couple advantages , not to mention enhanced speed, clarity in the googles, the flashing lights, that can be used to signal other operators and command.
Mixing up your drone when flying with others happens so the lights will help with that also,.

The drone could get away with less lighting based on its amazing ability for low line flying.

So what can be done about the 15 Minutes of Flight time when its Geared up : So this is interesting because the Battery weighs about 7.5 ounces ,Two Batteries might be to much weight for the hack however a half pack would be perfect .

We were able to fly the DJI FPV easily with 5 ounces of added Weight , which means the drone could easily sustain another 10 minutes of flight time with the right add on battery pack. This would be a hack coming soon and I think DJI has made the Battery Pack very easy to modify.

DJI offering opportunity for mods is a huge plus.

Screenshot 03-08-2021 21.41.43.jpg

We already see the Potential : Were already taking orders for the Wet Suits and Rescue Jackets for the DJI FPV making it more Weather Resistant and Bullet Proof , enhancing it ability to take impact.
I do realize that most will see the DJI FPV as a well Trained Circus Animal when let out of its cage , and there is no denying that but there may be much more potential for this type of drone in Search and Rescue Events.

Its the Jack of all Trades but what will it do best,

If your interested email me at [email protected]
Will send you out a email catalog with the Gear for the FPV once its ready for delivery.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your DJI FPV in and out of the storm.

Last edited:
This is an ingenious product! Law enforcement and Search and rescue could use this to allow them to deploy in any weather conditions. Very cool! I agree that FPV will offer a whole new opportunity to get into all sorts of places for Search and Rescue.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
This is an ingenious product! Law enforcement and Search and rescue could use this to allow them to deploy in any weather conditions. Very cool! I agree that FPV will offer a whole new opportunity to get into all sorts of places for Search and Rescue.
I would like to see an HDMI out (and possibly in) on the new goggles, my idea for FPV SAR would be also having a nice sized HD screen for others to view at the same time. More eyes on the screen, better chance of finding your target. In FPV I'm often in tunnel vision and don't even see interesting stuff on the peripheral until played back on my monitor.

I would like to see an HDMI out (and possibly in) on the new goggles,
LOL! You and everybody else. People have been singing this song since the first goggles were released. There doesn't appear to be any indication that HDMI in/out will be coming anytime soon.

LOL! You and everybody else. People have been singing this song since the first goggles were released. There doesn't appear to be any indication that HDMI in/out will be coming anytime soon.

I got word from one Alientech that they are already working on a Retrofit for the Alientech Dual 2 Booster to work with the DJI FPV so anything is possible if the drone gets enough hype.,

It really helps when you email support and let them know your interested,

Screenshot 03-10-2021 03.41.12.jpg
Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your DJI FPV in the Rain and land on Water.

Last edited:
The New Impact Wet Suits for the DJI FPV are coming along nicely.

The Battery Are now fully protected along with the rest of the Drone and the Power Button is now sealed.
Wait till you see what we did the Front, its awesome. Designed to fly in the Rain and Impact Resistant both Front and back.

3.5mm / 3mm / Impact Foam
3mm Closed Cell Neoprene and 1.mm Open Cell.

Forum Members will get the Discount Package :
Come with 3 Battery Covers / and 3 Color Designs and some Extra Impact parts for all those close calls.

PHANTOMRAIN.ORG
Gear to Fly your DJI FPV in the Pouring Rain , Float On Water and Impact Resistant.
Email me at [email protected] to Pre Order :
$74.95 plus Shipping. Will Retail on the Website at $94.95

Screenshot 03-13-2021 21.24.53.jpg

Screenshot 03-13-2021 22.01.34.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: A.O. and droneguy
Looking great!

Screenshot 03-14-2021 10.59.51.jpg

Long distance flight coming soon, we just need it to be Pouring outside. .
Now its Turtle Proof. :p

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you DJI FPV in the Rain and Land on

Last edited:
With more and more Drones rolling over and flipping they are all starting to look like ship wrecks.
I have yet to see anyone with a simple Leg Fix. The Learning Curve is steep for Acro under 35 ft when you go in to flip under powered.
Thats all 4 Legs Comprised seems to be the average medical condition.
Screenshot 03-15-2021 01.41.03.jpg
Here is another one.

Screenshot 03-20-2021 19.05.13.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: A.O.
I would like to see an HDMI out (and possibly in) on the new goggles, my idea for FPV SAR would be also having a nice sized HD screen for others to view at the same time. More eyes on the screen, better chance of finding your target. In FPV I'm often in tunnel vision and don't even see interesting stuff on the peripheral until played back on my monitor.
Easy. The Goggles already output over the USB Out. My phone will share screen to my TV with no added equipment. I'm sure a module could be made to make this HDMI out. In addition, the goggles have audience mode that broadcasts the feed to other Goggles, easy to duplicate.

Easy. The Goggles already output over the USB Out. My phone will share screen to my TV with no added equipment. I'm sure a module could be made to make this HDMI out. In addition, the goggles have audience mode that broadcasts the feed to other Goggles, easy to duplicate.
Interesting, are you talking about the new FPV goggles? I was told there is no video output... HDMI, USB or otherwise?

Interesting, are you talking about the new FPV goggles? I was told there is no video output... HDMI, USB or otherwise?
If you run the DJI Fly app on your phone, tablet, etc it shows your video feed on that device. I actually made a phone mount so I can use my phone to fly if necessary. Technically, I would imagine you could use a second set of goggles on audience mode and output the video feed to another device. Haven't tried it though.

If you run the DJI Fly app on your phone, tablet, etc it shows your video feed on that device. I actually made a phone mount so I can use my phone to fly if necessary. Technically, I would imagine you could use a second set of goggles on audience mode and output the video feed to another device. Haven't tried it though.
Ahh, yes, I have already done that but wanted to use the goggles with separate tablet/screen for others to watch.

Interesting! I ordered the DJI FPV yesterday, should arrive next week. I have the DJI Fly App on my phone already for my DJI Mini 2. Is a cable provided with the drone to connect from the phone to the Controller? Can the phone be used to view the video stream at the same time that it is being viewed on the Goggles? Thanks.

Yes were making the Battery Packs Water Proof as the Power Button is very Susceptible to being Compromised .
If you see the Red Light on the Drone on the inside wing that is the cue that your battery has water damage.

Once we get that battery system finished up we can release the Rescue Jackets coming soon.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Land on Water.

Interesting! I ordered the DJI FPV yesterday, should arrive next week. I have the DJI Fly App on my phone already for my DJI Mini 2. Is a cable provided with the drone to connect from the phone to the Controller? Can the phone be used to view the video stream at the same time that it is being viewed on the Goggles? Thanks.

Yes you will get the entire view, however the second viewer will not see any of the telemetry or info from the googles.
Than you must be careful not to walk to far away or that cable will yank out or you might get neck lash.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your FPV in the Rain and Land on Water coming soon.

• Haha
Reactions: A.O.
Yes you will get the entire view, however the second viewer will not see any of the telemetry or info from the googles.
Than you must be careful not to walk to far away or that cable will yank out or you might get neck lash.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your FPV in the Rain and Land on Water coming soon.
OK, thanks for that info, that is what I was interested in. I was hoping i might be able to screen record the iPhone during flight to show the speed, distance, battery, etc. Mine has shipped and arrives on Tuesday, getting excited!

The New Impact Wet Suits for the DJI FPV are coming along nicely.

The Battery Are now fully protected along with the rest of the Drone and the Power Button is now sealed.
Wait till you see what we did the Front, its awesome. Designed to fly in the Rain and Impact Resistant both Front and back.

3.5mm / 3mm / Impact Foam
3mm Closed Cell Neoprene and 1.mm Open Cell.

Forum Members will get the Discount Package :
Come with 3 Battery Covers / and 3 Color Designs and some Extra Impact parts for all those close calls.

PHANTOMRAIN.ORG
Gear to Fly your DJI FPV in the Pouring Rain , Float On Water and Impact Resistant.
Email me at [email protected] to Pre Order :
$74.95 plus Shipping. Will Retail on the Website at $94.95

View attachment 5001

View attachment 5003
Will they come in orange?;)

• Haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members