Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Let's talk about FPV "ground stations"

Futuramille

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hello all, my first thread here and id like to hear what others are using for FPV ground station equipment. Im in central Florida and its wet allot, I fly around large Oaks often with damp leaves.
I run vtx on 200mhz with dominator v3 and furious fpv module right now i would think just getting the antennas away from my head will help but some of the ground station antennas (larger) look promising.
what i have is actually working well enough i guess but...Anyone have suggestions on what to get? how good it works? worth the hassle of even more equipment?

its not a range thing I'm looking for but cleaner reception coming in. if i can improve it for a couple hundred$ why not

this article had some great lists to consider
FPV Ground Stations - Simple Guide and a Basic Overview of My GS Build
I'm thinking about getting this receiver, looks like anyone wanting to tap in, can on their phone. This thing receives the 5.8ghz and broadcasts it wifi if i'm reading it right. I'm also going to order a 7" monitor.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0741T9DT8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A36JHG7Q6UUJF&psc=1

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Reactions: VirtueViolater
they do keep coming out with newer/ better equipment. if hard wired to my goggles would hopefully do away with any latentcy while others using WiFi could view with a tablet.
by the time my new 5" is done ill hopefully have my mind made up on something lol

Reactions: HighTechPauper
I'm getting some long flight times on my 6" build running Gemfan 6x4.5x3 props on 1800kv motors and a 2600mah 70c battery. Flew one earlier 8 mins and had a good bit of battery left. Its causing me to get curious about long range fpv again. If I pull the trigger on something, i'll post it.

that sounds like a good resolution Jerry, what made you decide on the crossfire?

Futura,

No single thing, I read and watched a lot of various reviews and would like to avoid the whole "separate ground station" scenario, if possible. You never really know how these things perform (and require) without actually deploying it yourself, so I figured I'd give it a shot. The receivers are actually quite expensive, double to triple the cost of a standard FrSky receiver so I'm not sure that I could deploy them throughout my fleet.

Jerry

thanks for that feedback Jerry. I'm still not convinced i need one but why not. our picture, the vid is everything.
i spent 60$ on corrective lenses from China somewhere.... they sucked. we spend allot on this game and video quality seems to be key

Reactions: Jtrjr
I don't have video issues other than i'm practically blind, i am pushing 600mw tho, don't get much break up/lines etc

im going to refocus the lense and see... errr see if it improves. believe me that what I'm flying seems awesome but i always question ****. this hobby grows fast enough that weekly technical updates keep my YouTube subscriptions busy,

im going to refocus the lense and see... errr see if it improves. believe me that what I'm flying seems awesome but i always question ****. this hobby grows fast enough that weekly technical updates keep my YouTube subscriptions busy,
You are what is known as a tinkerer....lol. Me, I live by "if it ain't broke, fly it"...lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18