Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

is my vtx burned?

juliuseg

Reaction score
just crashed my drone and my video cut. then i unpluged the vtx. And i think somehow my vtx is broke or burned???

Another option could be that some time after my crash (when i disconnected my wires to the vtx) the wires got cut by the propellers and maybe touch eachother and shorted something in my flight controller. My drone is still flying.

is there any way to check this?

1. btw: my vtx did not some og burn. something in the quad (maybe the vtx. idk) smelled a little strange.
2. btw: i am using a eachine wizard x220

Pull the vtx and camera out of the machine, if the vtx can take direct voltage fron a lipo, make up a rig to power it up and check it that way.

By doing that you can isolate the problem to the camera or not. I do not know how your camera is powered up in the Eachine

that is how I check my cameras and VTX's on my 3 Aliens before I mounted them.
JUST MAKE SURE YOUR VTX HAS IT'S ANTENNA ATTATCHED BEFORE YOU POWER IT UP !!!.

I am not familiar with the Eachine equipment, but the run cam fpv camera in my machine comes with a set of RCA connectors that I can use to feed video to a hand help monitor, which is what I use to check camera settings before I mount it in the machine .

Danny Z

Reactions: Jtrjr
If you don't have a hand held monitor, turn your goggles on and use them

I've busted VTX's before in a crash. Make sure you place them in a way the frame will take the impact and not the VTX.

just crashed my drone and my video cut. then i unpluged the vtx. And i think somehow my vtx is broke or burned???

Another option could be that some time after my crash (when i disconnected my wires to the vtx) the wires got cut by the propellers and maybe touch eachother and shorted something in my flight controller. My drone is still flying.

is there any way to check this?

1. btw: my vtx did not some og burn. something in the quad (maybe the vtx. idk) smelled a little strange.
2. btw: i am using a eachine wizard x220
I have the eachine wizard as well and have had serious issues with the vtx. The 90 degree design sucks for crashes because that little angle piece always falls apart. Then there is no way to fix it. Not very beginner friendly. This caused my antenna to fall off and burn out the vtx so check the plastic coating to see if any of the plastic melted. I would also suggest smelling it. It will have a very distinct burning smell and the video reed will be non existent.
Hope this helps and Good luck!
Nicho

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
captadam