Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

I'm not gonna lie...

Jtrjr

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
...life has been challenging lately. We recently lost my Father in Law, my Mother in Law went bonkers with Alzheimer's and dementia, We almost lost our place in Texas to the hurricane and my 20 year old Daughter has decided that she knows more that we do and is shacked up with 6 other couples with her two-week old boyfriend of 34! Life sure ain't a bowl of chocolates right now. Top that off with the flu I packed up a few days ago and we have the perfect storm.

I am a nobody, no better or worse than anyone else that shows up here. I do have some pride though. I've worked my butt off, on the ground for 30+ years to provide for my family. I've attained the American Dream, I suppose. I thought things would get easier as we got older. It's not happening, everybody is looking for something. We spend all of our time looking after others. We have no time for ourselves. So goes life, wah, wah, poor me.

Today I was faced, full on, with the dreaded flu. It was everything I could do to get out of bed and open all of the windows to let some fresh air in. I crawled over to my computer checked and responded to the posts that I could. Mind you, the weather has been perfect here since I got sick. It was awful before I got sick and its supposed to go bad again tomorrow but while I'm sick, it's perfect!

Well, I got sick and tired of being sick and tired and put on my big boy panties to blow off a few packs. It was a chore, pulling those packs off the shelf, charging them up and picking a bird to fly today. I flew five packs and seriously it was tough but I'd take it over sitting on my butt and doing nothing any day. The freedom to fly gave me a bit of peace and occupied my attention for a while. Now I'm back in the house, sick, wondering what's going to happen tomorrow.

Well, today, for 30 minutes, I had nothing to worry about but crashing! I built it, I fix it and I fly it, that does give me some satisfaction. I know it's long but here is one of my packs. Watch it if you choose don't watch it if you don't have the time. I ain't no Steele that's for sure but maybe someday...

Without hope, perseverance, hard work and dreams we're all destined for doom. Don't take life for granted, It's a lot shorter than you think it is. Try to enjoy your life, you only get one chance at it.

(Maybe it's the cold medicine!)

Jerry

You will persevere, you will win, even if it dang near kill's you on the way to that win. This "being an adult" stuff was a trap from the beginning, but you do it well imo and I can't wait to fly like you, then I will aim for Steele! Nice flying brother!

Randy

I love that video Jerry. Isn’t it a gut wrenching feeling watching the bird get further away and not knowing which way it’s facing. Same thing happened to me a while ago but somehow managed to get it back to me. Was pretty much out of sight. Then so nervous as it came back I took my hands off sticks and it fell on neighbors roof from about 30 metres and at about 60 kph. Lol

I did the same thing on one of my maiden flights, I lost that bird and never found her either. In hindsight I felt totally stupid, now I know I'm slightly more normal than stupid :) and that most start this way! Thanks Jerry, I think you do a great service by sharing this stuff, it is an inspiration to us who are just getting started, and I for one really appreciate it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
az.lonewolf81