Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

I need a troubleshooting for my drone

skyjerry149

Reaction score
I checked the ECS just by my eyes, and I'm not sure there are any solder pieces/scrap falling on it. So I bought another ECS (spent a couple of days to get it)and checked with smoke stopper, and it showed green and it sounds great.

After welding XT60 and the motor and capacitor, still showed green.

Connected with FC, still showed green.

Finally, I connected with DJI FPV air unit and pressed the smoke stopper button, it still showed green at first, but a few seconds later, it showed red.....

Should I buy another DJI FPV air unit?

someone told me " The Vifly smokestoppers have an extra button to increase the amp draw limit. If you push that before pushing the on button it will likely stay alive. "
And I tried, it worked.
So happy

Reactions: okw
An air Unit pulls more amps on startup that the smoke stopper can handle, I would say even at the 2amp setting. If the rest of the build is sound, the smoke stopper is unnecessary in any case.

Thanks for your response, when I connected to Betaflight, it showed "no valid receiver signal is detected".

Long time ago I burned my quad and left it for a long time.
I wanted to fix my quad. motor FC ESC all broken.
So I bought new motor FC ESC and capacitor.

I'm sure remote controller connected air unit, because both showed green, camera is fine as well. I also can play Liftoff with my remote controller.

Should I buy a new DJI FPV air unit(without camera)?
and when I watch DJI FPV goggles, there is a quad icon on the bottom-left corner, Does that mean signal or battery? and why is undulate?
I changed another battery but still undulate.
and when plugging the battery, a few seconds later it will show lower battery on the bottom-right.

need help~

oops, I'm stupid, after setting port and setting ARM mode, I can unlock motor with remote controller.
I think because of connecting Betaflight, the goggles show low-power mode.
I disconnected Betaflight and it worked fine.

Last edited:
To get out of low power mode you will also need the correct Port setting (UART-??/MSP) for the VTX. It will go to max power when the quad is armed and automatically start video recording.

This thread was a cool read, but I'm a bit confused... Is this a DJI FPV that's been gutted and had a betaflight FC soldered in to replace the DJI FC?

This thread was a cool read, but I'm a bit confused... Is this a DJI FPV that's been gutted and had a betaflight FC soldered in to replace the DJI FC?
nope. This is DJI FPV system(remote and air unit and goggles) with iflight succex stack(FC+ESC)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18