Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

I green screened my FPV drone

Absolutely the most creative drone video I have seen. Stellar. Tell us about the video! Which Insta360 did you use? How did you mount it? I'd love to see some pics or a video on the "making of"...

Absolutely the most creative drone video I have seen. Stellar. Tell us about the video! Which Insta360 did you use? How did you mount it? I'd love to see some pics or a video on the "making of"...
thank you very much-
rotor riot HD1 frame
DJI FPV vtx
CSFR
Iflight ESC with JB FC
INSTA360 ONE R

I painted the frame thoroughly- all the antennas, guards etc were 3D printed and then painted green as well- battery covered with green balloon- used the INSTA360 studio to do all the perspective changes- the rest I did in premiere pro

Spectacular. I do a lot of Insta 360 with my 1R and understood what was happening there. The music was perfect, the post in premiere was also super well done with the cuts in rapid fire. I use FCP but understand all the footage you had to search out and cut in there and match up to the music. By far the best, most involved drone video I've ever seen - and I've seen a lot. I'm not sure what contest or show this thing should be shown in but I hope you look for venues to show off this video and hope you do more with this kind of thing. Super. @#(super.

Reactions: gudgeman3
Spectacular. I do a lot of Insta 360 with my 1R and understood what was happening there. The music was perfect, the post in premiere was also super well done with the cuts in rapid fire. I use FCP but understand all the footage you had to search out and cut in there and match up to the music. By far the best, most involved drone video I've ever seen - and I've seen a lot. I'm not sure what contest or show this thing should be shown in but I hope you look for venues to show off this video and hope you do more with this kind of thing. Super. @#(super.
thank you man that's very kind- I am very happy you enjoyed it- I was stuck for a while until the snow came then it was off to the races- I should try to post it on an INSTA360 forum maybe- thanks again

I think the insta360 folks are always looking for creative stuff and often have contests and such...

Nicely done. I'm sure you got some copyright hits from YouTube, eh?

If FPV racing ever makes into mainstream sports (I know it's on its way), having a section of your drone green-screened for sponsors would be useful. Instead of being stuck with one sponsor in sticker form, you could have a host of sponsors flashing on the green screen.

Are you able to manipulate the green-screen in a live feed situation?

Interesting.

D

Nicely done. I'm sure you got some copyright hits from YouTube, eh?

If FPV racing ever makes into mainstream sports (I know it's on its way), having a section of your drone green-screened for sponsors would be useful. Instead of being stuck with one sponsor in sticker form, you could have a host of sponsors flashing on the green screen.

Are you able to manipulate the green-screen in a live feed situation?

Interesting.

D
thank you man- yeah the copyright deal I check before hand- if they allow it with ads I go ahead and use it- hobby only-
that is very clever what you said about using green screen for advertising- whatever you can key out you can use (hence that movie clip etc)- you would have to make a very predictable and reliable ultra key mask in premiere pro- or whatever you use- but it for sure would work
JNG

Reactions: harleydude
thank you man- yeah the copyright deal I check before hand- if they allow it with ads I go ahead and use it- hobby only-
Copy that. I guess I should've been more specific that you generally won't get in "trouble" per-se, but you definitely have to either share revenue or donate all of it outright.

Just curious; I know YouTube is very quick to flag audio files, but did they say anything about the video used on your green screen? A LOT of "brand names" there.

that is very clever what you said about using green screen for advertising- whatever you can key out you can use (hence that movie clip etc)- you would have to make a very predictable and reliable ultra key mask in premiere pro- or whatever you use- but it for sure would work
JNG
I have a feeling that your idea will eventually morph into some way to advertise on these drones. I give it 2-5 years.

D

Copy that. I guess I should've been more specific that you generally won't get in "trouble" per-se, but you definitely have to either share revenue or donate all of it outright.

Just curious; I know YouTube is very quick to flag audio files, but did they say anything about the video used on your green screen? A LOT of "brand names" there.

I have a feeling that your idea will eventually morph into some way to advertise on these drones. I give it 2-5 years.

D
only flag was song- I have another video (syma tribute) that has all kinds of fuses and fireworks etc- dumber that the one in question- tons of pics I took straight off of google - they last 2-4 frames

never heard anything

Reactions: harleydude
In keeping with great artistic endeavors over the centuries I fully intend to steal your creative idea and try something similar. No doubt it will pale in comparison LOL. Again,...really fantastic.

In keeping with great artistic endeavors over the centuries I fully intend to steal your creative idea and try something similar. No doubt it will pale in comparison LOL. Again,...really fantastic.
haha enjoy my friend- can't wait to see what you come up with

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
captadam