Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

HELP! FC Issues

otoe10

Reaction score
Ok so i have been flying FPV for a good little while now. A few days ago I was ripping around on my Emax Hawk 5. I had a hard landing, but it was a lot softer than some other crashes I had done on it. When I went to pick it up, there was a faint buzzing sound, and no power to the FC, VTX, or receiver.

So, I took it home for further exploration. The Hawk 5 has a (i think) 10 pin connection between the FC and Power board. When I plug the battery in, You hear 3 beeps from the motors, but no FC power. My first thought was that I cracked the FC or some other board. However, after taking the drone apart it apart, it looks perfectly fine.

Heres where things get interesting. I am still able to plug the FC in via USB, and it gets power, and the VTX and receiver get power also.

Therefore, I am asking does anyone think I should replace the FC or the power board?

Thanks for all the help,
Owen

Last edited:
Thinking you may have cooked the voltage regulator on the FC. Probably explains why you can power up the quad by plugging it into the computer. If you’re handy with a soldering iron, you can pick up a cheap 12/5v regulator and fit one yourself. Otherwise it’s looking like a new FC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax