Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Goggles dilemma

Wayno52

Reaction score
Hi again all, I am having a lot of trouble using my diatone tyrant s with eachine ev800 goggles. I cannot seem to get a view that I am happy to fly with. Ok so it's my first racer type qaud and fist time fpv, but am I missing something or can I just not get a decent view from these goggles? I'm actually too scared to fly fpv with these. Will more expensive goggles help or am I just not destined to fly fpv? Any help would be greatly appreciated,is it worth upgrading. Cheers Wayno

Hi again all, I am having a lot of trouble using my diatone tyrant s with eachine ev800 goggles. I cannot seem to get a view that I am happy to fly with. Ok so it's my first racer type qaud and fist time fpv, but am I missing something or can I just not get a decent view from these goggles? I'm actually too scared to fly fpv with these. Will more expensive goggles help or am I just not destined to fly fpv? Any help would be greatly appreciated,is it worth upgrading. Cheers Wayno
Love my ev800 goggles, maybe it's your vtx?

Wayno,

It sounds like maybe a system issue, not the goggles. Make sure you've verified that your band and channel are correct on both the VTX and the goggles first.

I'm not sure if Diatone is using their SP3 VTX on the Tyrant but I've had quite a few issues with that VTX on my GT2 200. My original was good but I bought 3 of the newer one's (because my original worked well, it has OSD and it can be mounted in the stack) and they all were horrible! Not even usable. I got into it with DiatoneUSA and DiatoneHK and they blew me off. So I'm stuck with 3 unusable SP3 VTX's.

If it's a new bird, I'd contact the reseller. That VTX is hard to find a replacement for because it mounts in the stack.

Jerry

Reactions: Speeder
In addition to what Jerry said, make sure your antenna connectors are RP-SMA for those goggles, not SMA. If they are the wrong one they will fit but not work right. Also if they are polarized antennas, don't mix LHCP with RHCP. Pick either polarity and use that for both rx and tx antennas.

Reactions: Speeder and Jtrjr
Thanks heaps for your replies guys. Ok so it is sp2 v2 and just went and bought new set of antennas. I got the ares cloverleaf set which are srw 1.5? I have also tried aomsway set as well. No difference, sorry to be so bad at this but it's going to take some time for me to figure all this stuff out. How do I check if vtx and goggles are set to same system? I have just messaged the supplier to ask his advice as well. On the upside my Los has come along in leaps and bounds. Thanks Wayno

Hi Wayne,
Triumph antennas are excellent. I use them on all my analogue birds. Like batteries, antennas are NOT created equally. The early stages are a difficult learning curve. 95% of all video problems are NOT goggle related, but something with the bird. I have had terrible video problems in the past and putting a capacitor on each ESC and that fixed the problem. See Joshua bardwell (YT) under, capacitors. He has the links to what you need. Hang in there...this is new for EVERYONE!!!! The toils of today will result in amazing experiances in the near future.

Peace Keith

You also have to look at the connectors, they differ, you'll notice some are male and some are female, make sure they match

Thanks guys I've now own 6 antennas the bird requires male and goggles female. I have tried every combo with no difference. Tried changing Chanel's and bands on both but no better. Grrrrrr. Sorry guys I appreciate all of your help. I'll keep trying, Los will keep improving. Cheers

Yeah cheers TGO I have never done that I have seen slot of posts about that. Big no no. I am emailing back and forth atm to supplier, he lives in same town as me and is very helpful. I'm sure we will figure it out. I know it sounds silly but as not much on internet or instructions. I am turning on transmitter first then battery in quad and after flight turning off transmitter then battery out of quad. Could I be doing that wrong? Could that burn out?

I mean the video transmitter (aka vtx) will fry without an antenna. Not your radio (aka controller, aka transmitter). It doesn't matter if you turn on your radio or plug in the quad first.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
captadam