Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

FPV will not charge batteries from cigarette outlet.

John Gowland

Reaction score
It charges for a brief period then light goes off and stops charging.
Anyone had this problem? I have tried other appliances and it works fine.
I have never been able to charge itt. I even went back to the outlet and they gave me new one. Still did not work?
Help please.

DJI car chargers tend to have a pretty high low voltage cutoff so it may only charge while the car is running depending on the state of your battery...

My car is a 2021 Rav4 hybrid. But that should not matter. It seems that when I take off, it stops charging. So has anyone charge their fpv via the cigarette outlet?

Last edited:
My car is a 2021 Rav4 hybrid. But that should not matter
Actually probably does, electrics/hybrids tend to provide a nice clean 12V from a regulator connected to the propulsion battery... but the DJI chargers expect the old setup of being connected straight to a lead-acid battery and stop charging below 13V or so to avoid discharging it to the point where you can't start (and as mentioned, are pretty conservative about it so it's sometimes too high even when there's still margin).

Would need to measure the voltage on the outlet to be sure.

I was thinking along those lines but could not express it, as well as you did.
What can I do about it?

Check the voltage to verify it's the problem, and if it is - nothing other than returning that charger and maybe trying to find a 3rd party compatible one that doesn't do that/has a lower cutoff level.

Thanks Kilrah. I did take the charger to where I bought it and got a new one but the result. My car needs a service soon so I will ask them to test the outlets.|
I am getting a solar generator for my car fridge and to keep all my drone batteries and other devices charged. So that may help.

Bought a Mavic Air 2S with car charger and it works perfectly. I got a 2 in one cig outlet in the hope that the cig outlet was delivering too much power. The FPV charger worked for a few minutes then stopped. The Air charger continued until fully charged. The P4P 2.0 charger also works fine. This is the second FPV charger having swapped it for the first one.
So it seems there is a specific issue with DJI FPV car charger.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
az.lonewolf81