Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

First build

Wayno52

Reaction score
Ok guys I really like this for my first build which I will build over my holidays in 4 weeks. Firstly what are your thoughts on frame and secondly what would be ideal parts list to complete and bind with fs-i6? Frame is $49 have batteries and soldering iron now. Hoping to build for around $300 all up. Possible?

Attachments

• IMG_0328.PNG
    IMG_0328.PNG
    316 KB · Views: 8
Wayno,

I don't know if I'd want a micro to be my first build. It seems to me that doing a 5", 200-250mm would be quite a bit easier for a first build. Just my opinion of course but I've built 6-8 quads now and the smaller they are, the tougher they are for me to build. Keep in mind, I never soldered before getting into this hobby about a year ago so that could be part of my hesitation. I think you could put the bird together within the $300 budget using good quality parts. I've put some build lists on this forum noting parts that I've had good luck with, I'll see if I can find one or two and I'll post the links here. I'm using a Taranis radio so I can't help much with receiver info.

Jerry

Frame looks cool (strange they say "true x" on the stretch version). You can make it at $300 i think. For a first build, maybe check out the HGLRC 20mm fly towers. It is a whole stack with pins, no soldering. There are a bunch of versions all the way up to the f428 with an f4 chip and 28A ESCs. Some with built in vtx even.

Reactions: Jtrjr
Ok Green will do mate. Off to park now for a quick flight or two. Will keep you all informed as I keep looking. Your thoughts and ideas are all very helpful. I have a bit of time to finalise choice and order. Cheers all

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18