Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI Self-Unlocking won't work on Avata FPV drone

jimlips

Reaction score
I've had my DJI Avata FPV drone motion combo for a couple of weeks. I love this thing! It is so much fun for an FPV newbie like me.

The problem I'm having is that what I enter the Flight Controller Serial number on the DJI FLYSAFE Unlock Request website, it does not recognize mine as a valid serial number. I've checked it three times, and I'm positive that it is correct.

I live within 5 miles of a local airport, and often use the DJI Unlock request page to unlock several of my drones so I can fly under 200' in this area.

Has anyone had success registering their Avata on DJI's Unlock page with your controller's serial number?

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: when I went to register my Avata flight controller serial number today, the DJI website recognized it. I successfully requested to fly in a "height limited" area (where it SHOULD let the aircraft take off). However, the motors will not start on the aircraft. There is a message in the goggles that says something like "can't take off, controlled area".

When I connect my phone to the goggles, it shows "Authorization Zone". When I tap on AZ, it says to follow the instructions to authorize the flight. Not sure what that means, as I have already done that on the website.

I've done this successfully dozens of times with my Mavic Pro Platinum, my Mavic Pro, and my Mini 3 Pro. But the Avata is different. There does not seem to be a way to "import" the authorization into the Avata.

Last edited:
Unless the system is connected to the internet at some point during or after the authorization, it has no way of knowing you've been authorized.

I don't have mine yet, but I suspect you need to have everything turned on and connected, connect the goggles to a smartphone, run DJI Fly, and authorize through Fly.

Never tried it with the FPV... anyone with experience there?

I just had that issue on my maiden flight I wound up, hooking the phone up to my goggles then unlocked through my goggle menu.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janaki