Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI Avata Axisflying 3.5 upgrade // often "motor overloaded" error message

I agree it's not the motor. Why are you going to try swapping back motors. I suspect it's the ESC. Maybe the ESCs are marginal when connected to the Axis 3.5 upgrade.
Thank you again my friend. I should receive the downward sensor over next week and I will run more tests to see if there is any improvement. I don´t think the problem comes from the ESC either, I never got any error related to it and the fact that the motors operate in pairs (on this board), either the front or back motors would be affected, which hasn't been the case. This is a tricky one, it would be way more easy if I could use Betflight :)

Cheers,
Ludo

Hello my friend, just a quick update. After replacing the downward sensor cable the issue was fixed 🙂🙏 I don't know why but the sensor was affecting the drone/battery performance.

Thank you again for all the support on this.
Cheers
Ludo

Reactions: BudWalker
Hello my friend, just a quick update. After replacing the downward sensor cable the issue was fixed 🙂🙏 I don't know why but the sensor was affecting the drone/battery performance.

Thank you again for all the support on this.
Cheers
Ludo
That's kinda odd. Can you provide a .DAT after replacing the cable?

Hey Y'all! Sorry to re-open this forum but I'm having the same issue, and I need help 😅

I recently modified my Avata to have the AxisFlying 3.5 kit with the upgraded motors seen here. I've gotten the drone to fly, but it has been significantly under performing my expectations. I haven't been able to acquire an Aircraft DAT file, but was able to find one from the goggles (How do I get the Real .dat logs?) Overall - I went over most of the solder joints and the power leads and thought that I did an okay job, but I really don't know where to go from here.

Here is the link to the AirData log for one of my test flights.

Jan 14th, 2024 01:45PM | General / Overview | DJI Fly log 1.0.1 | United States | Airdata UAV

While flying, I noticed the drone could only go about 30mph without a "motor overload". It felt very sluggish and did not want to exceed into 40-55mph land. Is there some form of reset or something I'm missing? Do any of these joints look wack? Any suggestions at all would be appreciated - I'm at a loss.

Thanks in advance!View attachment 20240114_205847.jpg

Hey Y'all! Sorry to re-open this forum but I'm having the same issue, and I need help 😅

I recently modified my Avata to have the AxisFlying 3.5 kit with the upgraded motors seen here. I've gotten the drone to fly, but it has been significantly under performing my expectations. I haven't been able to acquire an Aircraft DAT file, but was able to find one from the goggles (How do I get the Real .dat logs?) Overall - I went over most of the solder joints and the power leads and thought that I did an okay job, but I really don't know where to go from here.

Here is the link to the AirData log for one of my test flights.

Jan 14th, 2024 01:45PM | General / Overview | DJI Fly log 1.0.1 | United States | Airdata UAV

While flying, I noticed the drone could only go about 30mph without a "motor overload". It felt very sluggish and did not want to exceed into 40-55mph land. Is there some form of reset or something I'm missing? Do any of these joints look wack? Any suggestions at all would be appreciated - I'm at a loss.

Thanks in advance!View attachment 6560
If by "Real .DAT logs" you mean the .DAT on the Avata itself they won't help since those logs are encrypted.

The .DAT on the goggles are not encrypted and have a lot of the same data, including motor data, but at a lower sampling rate. To retrieve the goggles .DAT you need to
1) follow the instructions here
.DAT available
and
2) turn off synching with DJI

Last edited:
If by "Real .DAT logs" you mean the .DAT on the Avata itself they won't help since those logs are encrypted.

The .DAT on the goggles are not encrypted and have a lot of the same data, including motor data, but at a lower sampling rate. To retrieve the goggles .DAT you need to
1) follow the instructions here
.DAT available
and
2) turn off synching with DJI
Any solutions? I’m having the same issue it seems.

Any solutions? I’m having the same issue it seems.
Not sure I understand your question. If you want to see the motor data you'll need to look at the .DAT log file that is recorded on the goggles. First turn off syncing with DJI then retrieve the .DAT using these instructions

Not sure I understand your question. If you want to see the motor data you'll need to look at the .DAT log file that is recorded on the goggles. First turn off syncing with DJI then retrieve the .DAT using these instructions
I guess my question is, I did the axis flying upgrade on my dads avata and now it keeps getting the same “motor overload” error and gets very little flight time compared to before. When it lands everything is also hot battery and motors. Joints seems to be all good. Is there a solution for this?

I guess my question is, I did the axis flying upgrade on my dads avata and now it keeps getting the same “motor overload” error and gets very little flight time compared to before. When it lands everything is also hot battery and motors. Joints seems to be all good. Is there a solution for this?
Let's ask some of the members who have actually done this modification. My contribution is to provide the software to display the data.
@Kbschaars
@LMS_LX82

Reactions: 3ricFPV

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18