Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI Avata Padawan

ChewyChikn

Reaction score
Website
shawnfeltmate.com
Hello, my name is Shawn. I live in Douglasville, Georgia.
I am interested in communicating with others who fly a DJI Avata, to exchange tips & tricks, accessory recommendations, or anything that will help with shooting and editing video and the like.
I recently received an Avata as a gift and I am hooked on it (here you go kid, the first hit's free). I already spent over $500 on additional accessories and have another $500 in the queue at Amazon.
I have watched hours of YouTube videos to learn more, and I just want to know others who are actually flying an Avata.
Thank you for your time.

Reactions: GFields
Battery holder & motion controller 2

IMG_6003.jpeg

Battery Anti-release Buckle Lock-up Anti-falling Foldable Battery Safety Lock Buckle Guard for DJI Avata https://a.co/d/9tL66bx

Battery holder & motion controller 2

View attachment 6562

Battery Anti-release Buckle Lock-up Anti-falling Foldable Battery Safety Lock Buckle Guard for DJI Avata https://a.co/d/9tL66bx
Thank you. I have heard of the battery possibly dislodging or falling out after a crash. I will keep this suggestion in mind. Right now my Avata is so new that the battery fits snuggly in its cradle. I appreciate ya.

Reactions: SWTSU
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Reactions: ChewyChikn
Be careful over water. The Avata has been known for loss of control over water with marginal GPS signal. There are videos on YouTube about this. When this happens, it has nothing to do with the signal strength between the controller and the drone. I have ended up in the pond below a waterfall twice so far due to loss of control.

Be careful over water. The Avata has been known for loss of control over water with marginal GPS signal. There are videos on YouTube about this. When this happens, it has nothing to do with the signal strength between the controller and the drone. I have ended up in the pond below a waterfall twice so far due to loss of control.
Good morning. Thank you for the warning.
I often fly over a pond on my property. Sometimes only a couple of feet above it. I do notice, from time to time, the distance between the pond and the drone disappears.
The attachment is my pond from a distance. Any advice on how to take a picture without the gimbal guards from showing up?

Attachments

• DJI_01172024 (5).jpg
    DJI_01172024 (5).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
Did you add after marked gimble guards to your Avata? I don't have a gimble guard on my Avata but I see the prop guards when I look steeply down with the camera. For still pictures I use one of my camera drones.

Sometimes only a couple of feet above it. I do notice, from time to time, the distance between the pond and the drone disappears.
The ground height sensor is infrared so water will mess with it, and also its range isn't very long so it's normal for it to disappear when you get higher than 10m or so.
Any advice on how to take a picture without the gimbal guards from showing up?
Nothing other than not looking down or cropping the photo later. The Avata's made for the FPV experience first.

The ground height sensor is infrared so water will mess with it, and also its range isn't very long so it's normal for it to disappear when you get higher than 10m or so.

Nothing other than not looking down or cropping the photo later. The Avata's made for the FPV experience first.
Thank you. I appreciate that you took the time to respond.

Did you add after marked gimble guards to your Avata? I don't have a gimble guard on my Avata but I see the prop guards when I look steeply down with the camera. For still pictures I use one of my camera drones.
I don't have any after-market guards on my drone. I identified the wrong part. It is the prop guards; like you said.
Your comment about the FPV experience being the primary reason for the Avata answered my question precisely. Thank you.

Last edited:
My batteries are snug too, but they have popped out, especially when learning to fly manually. I got the battery safety holder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18