Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Disabled With a Dream To Fly??

Irelandmine

Reaction score
Good evening everyone,

As the post states I'm a 45 year old guy with a very rare neurological disease which affects mainly my legs and hands with some weakness and poor dexterity. I've always really wanted to fly drones and in particular fpv however I always felt this would be difficult due to the lack of feeling and dexterity in my hands added to the fact I would be wearing goggles because of this I never took the next step. In the past I have owned the mavic and used it with the traditional controller, I could use this quite well however I found my inputs were jerky at times. Having just saw the release of the avata 2 and in particular the new controller I've started to look into my dream of flying fpv or at the very least being able to perform smooth manoeuvres and flights.

I'm just wondering would some of the fellow members give me their opinions on the avata 2 and in particular the joystick style controller.? I know I could press the buttons and get the craft airborne I also could use the trigger my only reservations was what other inputs my fingers would need to perform.? Would I need to be able to control the small joystick with my thumb or can the avata be flown by just moving the joystick left and right etc.?

I hope my above post makes some sense!!! I really appreciate you taking the time to read it and would greatly appreciate anyone's help and advice. I'm based in Northern Ireland so not sure if there is a time difference on the forum.

It's flown by moving it, its angle is what controls the movement so it has to be held relatively precisely in the air. You have to be able to operate the trigger and hold it potentially mid-spring tension to control speed.

I've known a quadriplegic flying FPV with a normal stick controller, he had very little control of his fingers but had built extensions for the sticks to increase precision. In his case they were essentially tubes he could slide his fingers into, so that he could move the sticks essentially by moving his entire forearm with the remote attached to his wheelchair.

Reactions: Irelandmine

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vwes