Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Can't update firmware on spracingf3 board...

baevans11

Reaction score
I have downloaded all the drivers and I've used impulse rc tool as well as zadig. I can get it to connect through COM7 but I can't get it into DFU mode. I have restarted everything several times and I am shorting the boot pins before plugging in and the led isn't flashing so I know it's in boot mode. When I open zadig and click list all devices it doesn't list stm32 bootloader only cp2102 sub to uart bridge controller. I have tried all the driver options and like I said I can get it to connect through com7 then it says my firmware is out of date and I need to upgrade so I choose spracingf3 and the latest version then load firmware and when I try to flash it says no response from bootloader, programming failed. I have tried every solution I can find online and I've had no luck. I'm trying to do this for a friend. I've done this process on a couple other quads and I got into dfu mode with zadig no problem. I'd appreciate any help.

I have downloaded all the drivers and I've used impulse rc tool as well as zadig. I can get it to connect through COM7 but I can't get it into DFU mode. I have restarted everything several times and I am shorting the boot pins before plugging in and the led isn't flashing so I know it's in boot mode. When I open zadig and click list all devices it doesn't list stm32 bootloader only cp2102 sub to uart bridge controller. I have tried all the driver options and like I said I can get it to connect through com7 then it says my firmware is out of date and I need to upgrade so I choose spracingf3 and the latest version then load firmware and when I try to flash it says no response from bootloader, programming failed. I have tried every solution I can find online and I've had no luck. I'm trying to do this for a friend. I've done this process on a couple other quads and I got into dfu mode with zadig no problem. I'd appreciate any help.
Well I got it to work I just had to check manual baud rate at 256000.

Reactions: VirtueViolater
Reactions: baevans11
You don't need zadig for that board. But try this:

with fc not connected, reboot your pc. Connect to betaflight. Disconnect from betaflight. Unplug USB. Plug in USB and go straight to flashing without hitting connect.

If that doesn't work, you could try the DFU command in CLI.

Must be in DFU mode to upload firmware, unless dataflash is erased first · Issue #1102 · betaflight/betaflight · GitHub
I got it I just had to check manual baud rate at 256000 and it flashed but thanks for that link. That's good to know! Thx for your help as always I appreciate it.

Reactions: theGreenOrange
I got it I just had to check manual baud rate at 256000 and it flashed but thanks for that link. That's good to know! Thx for your help as always I appreciate it.
Would you happen to know the binding procedure for the radiolink at9 tx to radiolink r9ds?

You could try 8k/4k and see what your CPU load looks like.

If I remember right, to bind you do:

Turn on your radio.
Hold bind button while powering on receiver.
That's it, the LED should flash then go solid.

Reactions: baevans11

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
az.lonewolf81