Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

BetaFlight & Matek F405 questions

Double-A

Reaction score
Hey all, first time posting here!

I am wondering if I need to upgrade my ESCs or entire radio system.
This is my first build using a USB programable flight controller, along with my first time using BetaFlight.

My gear:
I am using a Matek F405 FC and a Matek HUBOSD PDB (FC has built-in OSD but I like the PDB's OSD info and it makes wiring a little cleaner).
My transmitter is a Turnigy 9X 9ch, slightly old, operating in CPPM (PPM) mode, however my Turnigy 8ch reciever is PCM only (no PPM receivers without switiching my Tx module), so I have my receiver channel wires going to a PPM encoder, then to the Matek F405 FC, soldered to RX2.
I am using 12a AfroESCs from an older build. I believe they are PWM (not DSHOTxxx).

In my Receiver tab, I can see all channels working. I set the Arm feature in the Modes tab to AUX1, a 2-position switch on Ch.5, to make things easy.
Receiver is set to PPM in Configuration tab.

The first time in BetaFlight, I was able to get all 4 motors spinning properly in the motors tab, looks like I have fried an ESC since.
I can get smooth throttle up/down in the motoros tab, but when I use my transmitter and arm, some motors begin spinning while others are intermitent.
I did a throttle calibration (connect with BF, motor tab, unplg battery, full throttle in BF, reconnect, lower throttle, ESCs beep), but this seems to have made things worse.

So my question is are my settings way off or is the culprit my old analong ESCs and/or transmitter/receiver radio system?

What would you guys recommend for basic BF settings, stock good enough for PID settings and such?
Also, my pitch and yaw are reversed, can I change that via my transmitter or in BF?

Thanks!

23120112_10156744668267802_4400394818861622471_o.jpg BF_01.JPG BF_02.JPG BF_03.JPG BF_03_1.JPG BF_04.JPG BF_05.JPG BF_06.JPG BF_07.JPG BF_08.JPG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18