Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Avata w no remoteid FW boundd with the New Motion Controller 2 motors wont arm, now wont bind to old Motion Controller.

gta18

Reaction score
I have an avata on the older fw with no remoteid and hoping to keep it that way.

I got the motion controller 2 and bound it successfully but motors won't arm so I think It needs latest firmware to work.

Now I want to go back yo my old motion controller but won't bind anymore.... I have 2 old motion controllers and both used to work with this avata before binding it with the mc2.

Any advise?

Far as I know you need the latest firmware on your goggles and the Avata to use the MC2. If you are in the US, you are then stuck with RID.

As for going back to the older MC, and assuming you udpated the firmware on the goggles, you may have to roll back that update. Not sure if that's possible. Perhaps using DJI Assistant?

I haven't touched the goggles and Mc firmware. I just bound the mc2 to the avata and goggles and it wont arm the motors on mc2, so i decided to just rebind the mc with it but it wont bind anymore on any of my 2 mc's...

I just updated my googles and the update is for the rc2 you are going to have to update using the assistant software. Hope this helps

I haven't touched the goggles and Mc firmware. I just bound the mc2 to the avata and goggles and it wont arm the motors on mc2, so i decided to just rebind the mc with it but it wont bind anymore on any of my 2 mc's...
Remember you have to plug your phone into goggles and go through connection procedures

I just updated my googles and the update is for the rc2 you are going to have to update using the assistant software. Hope this helps
Are you saying you were able to just update the goggles to get the mc2 to work while still not having remoteid? I refuse to have to plug my phone into my goggles, Major PITA

Please read your instructions. Same procedure for down loading flight data.
Second post of yours I've come across today like this. What a waste, and how annoying.

Why don't you try to help instead of being a nag? This is not a forum where "RTFM" is a civil response. @afreakofnature and others come here looking for help. Many times they've read the manual and they're having problems the manual doesn't address.

I'm no noob in this hobby and I ran into linking problems with the Avata when I first got it, that DJI's amazing world-class award-winning documentation failed to address.

I was linking a new standalone Avata with an existing DJI FPV system. Wasn't smooth.

So, if you can't help or make people chuckle about something, best to keep your mouth shut, listen, and maybe you'll learn something.

Reactions: afreakofnature
Are you saying you were able to just update the goggles to get the mc2 to work while still not having remoteid? I refuse to have to plug my phone into my goggles, Major PITA
Major PITA is, of course, subjective, but this seems quite an exaggeration. Do you refuse to fly at all because you have to plug the battery in? About the same.

I'm looking forward to a set of Integra goggles when I can afford them. The convenience will be nice, to shed the dangling battery, and the attached phone. However, flying with the attached leashes (phone and battery) really aren't that big a deal if you're sitting, which you should be anyway. Just flew yesterday, going again today. PITA? Yes, but minor.

September is coming soon, by then you'll have no choice, unless you want to break the law every time you fly.

This is pure opinion, but I suspect RID compliance will be more vigorously enforced than many of the other regs that are routinely pushed by pilots. And violators that get caught will have their illegal equipment confiscated, unlike the "don't do that" warning that's usually the case when exceeding 400', going BVLOS, flying where you shouldn't be in state/national parks, etc. I've had my share of finger wagging from an LEO (coastal beach State Parks), never anything more.

It's gonna be different with RID. This is an important airspace management system that the FAA is putting in place to manage the plethora of uses now and coming for small UAV craft.

If you object really strongly, you can get a system without RID and fly legally at a FRIA. The FAA has made the effort to accommodate even us libertarian types (you might be surprised what social rules I object to philosophically but comply with because I want to have a life and they got the guns and the jails).

And what rules I, and all of you too, casually break every day to a minor degree (speeding).

Bottom line, hold out on this and you're just going to have headaches as the firmware, and hardware moves ahead. Headaches that most of find to be a much bigger PITA than having to attach a cable to the other side of the goggles from the power cable dangling there.

Last edited:
Major PITA is, of course, subjective, but this seems quite an exaggeration. Do you refuse to fly at all because you have to plug the battery in? About the same.

I'm looking forward to a set of Integra goggles when I can afford them. The convenience will be nice, to shed the dangling battery, and the attached phone. However, flying with the attached leashes (phone and battery) really aren't that big a deal if you're sitting, which you should be anyway. Just flew yesterday, going again today. PITA? Yes, but minor.

September is coming soon, by then you'll have no choice, unless you want to break the law every time you fly.

This is pure opinion, but I suspect RID compliance will be more vigorously enforced than many of the other regs that are routinely pushed by pilots. And violators that get caught will have their illegal equipment confiscated, unlike the "don't do that" warning that's usually the case when exceeding 400', going BVLOS, flying where you shouldn't be in state/national parks, etc. I've had my share of finger wagging from an LEO (coastal beach State Parks), never anything more.

It's gonna be different with RID. This is an important airspace management system that the FAA is putting in place to manage the plethora of uses now and coming for small UAV craft.

If you object really strongly, you can get a system without RID and fly legally at a FRIA. The FAA has made the effort to accommodate even us libertarian types (you might be surprised what social rules I object to philosophically but comply with because I want to have a life and they got the guns and the jails).

And what rules I, and all of you too, casually break every day to a minor degree (speeding).

Bottom line, hold out on this and you're just going to have headaches as the firmware, and hardware moves ahead. Headaches that most of find to be a much bigger PITA than having to attach a cable to the other side of the goggles from the power cable dangling there.
After the obligatory phone connection, I have been able to unplug and continue flying. Have to choose the wardrobe carefully, because we girls don’t have a ton of shorts pockets like you guys do. :)

After the obligatory phone connection, I have been able to unplug and continue flying. Have to choose the wardrobe carefully, because we girls don’t have a ton of shorts pockets like you guys do. :)

If you're flying standing and aren't covered with cuts, scrapes, bruises and knots on your head from losing your balance, I am in awe of you.

I was playing around yesterday with seeing how tight a circle I could race around at full speed Sport with the MC, getting as close to the ground as possible (over grass). Try it, it's quite fun!

Anyway, the point is, after losing myself in the task for a bit, I noticed I was leaning to the right in my chair about 15° and my head was turned right 🤣🤣🤣

I try hard not to do that, but I can't help it sometimes. If I were to stand, I'm sure I would have had a few concussions by now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Barbara
I was playing around yesterday with seeing how tight a circle I could race around at full speed Sport with the MC, getting as close to the ground as possible (over grass). Try it, it's quite fun!
Today, fun fun fun!!

Tight, close to the ground circles were a real challenge 'cause it was quite windy, about 10mph and gusty!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
az.lonewolf81