Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Acro Tips in Sims

I can get through the gates pretty decently at low rates, high, not so well. I tent to end up higher than is needed for the gates.
Interesting..lol. I suck at navigating gates, but have very little altitude issues.

Interesting..lol. I suck at navigating gates, but have very little altitude issues.

I think it has to do with the stability of flight. In horizon mode, I can get through them pretty consistently because of the stability is given from the attempt to level off.

I think it has to do with the stability of flight. In horizon mode, I can get through them pretty consistently because of the stability is given from the attempt to level off.
Oh.. yeah I'm not flying anything in self level.. I only fly in acro. That would prob explain it then. I'm not flying in stability again except of my DJI spark.

Reactions: M3talrocksFPV
I haven't flown anything but acro since the beginning of this post. I'm getting it down pretty well, just fine tuning.
Oh.. yeah I'm not flying anything in self level.. I only fly in acro. That would prob explain it then. I'm not flying in stability again except of my DJI spark.

I just went a 10 min session in low rate acro and though I was only going to win the DFL award it was a hel of a learning experience and I can easily say I'll not be returning to self level (until I fly my XC-30's).
I can easily say I'll not be returning to self level (until I fly my XC-30's).

Don't Do It!! You're only stepping backwards

At the rate it's been raining out here in Cincy, it may be too wet to fly until I get a new drone with the ability to fly acro. And Freerider has been helping

I can easily say I'll not be returning to self level (until I fly my XC-30's).

Don't Do It!! You're only stepping backwards

That sucks that I cannot hack the FC in the CX's

Getting better. I have been able to get a lap and a half in with most of the gates passed.

I have been doing stall drops through the tower, even saved a drop that I clipped the beam and pulled out before I hit.

Last edited:

Getting better. I have been able to get a lap and a half in with most of the gates passed.

I have been doing stall drops through the tower, even saved a drop that I clipped the beam and pulled out before I hit.
That's something I'm about to spend a LOT of time on. Gates. I'm gonna be frustrated and not happy at all.. but I'm about to dedicate about 8 hours of "stick time" doing nothing but gates. I'll fly the easiest course I can get on liftoff over and over until I can make 3 laps at a moderate pace. I can creep *** through it now, bit I want to be able to FLY the course. after that, I'll move onto a different course and spend time doing that over and over again

Here are a few more of me goofing off and testing a program for recording.

That's something I'm about to spend a LOT of time on. Gates. I'm gonna be frustrated and not happy at all.. but I'm about to dedicate about 8 hours of "stick time" doing nothing but gates. I'll fly the easiest course I can get on liftoff over and over until I can make 3 laps at a moderate pace. I can creep *** through it now, bit I want to be able to FLY the course. after that, I'll move onto a different course and spend time doing that over and over again
Gates are a great way to get accurate at flying I know I can do the garage on FR at about 45-50 seconds a lap average, 25-30 seconds on the field with the two towers

Getting a little frustrated at charging lipos a pack at a time for an hour each so I had to break down and buy a 4 channel charger. Did tond of research on them and looked at every pro and cons for each and ended up with a protek prodigy 610. Used it last night to cell balance a couple big pack I had for my axial yeti and my 350qx2 and it worked really well. IMG_20180405_203615.jpg

Getting a little frustrated at charging lipos a pack at a time for an hour each so I had to break down and buy a 4 channel charger. Did tond of research on them and looked at every pro and cons for each and ended up with a protek prodigy 610. Used it last night to cell balance a couple big pack I had for my axial yeti and my 350qx2 and it worked really well. View attachment 2140
I have a 4 port charger that came with my batteries and two individual plugs with my toy drones. So I can charge them all at once, just not in the same place. [emoji30]

Getting a little frustrated at charging lipos a pack at a time for an hour each so I had to break down and buy a 4 channel charger. Did tond of research on them and looked at every pro and cons for each and ended up with a protek prodigy 610. Used it last night to cell balance a couple big pack I had for my axial yeti and my 350qx2 and it worked really well. View attachment 2140
How much? I just got a parallel board, still waiting on delivery

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleveniseven