Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

1st crash and cracked arm

timeless35

Reaction score
face planted the drone while doing some low altitude back flips but that was enough to crack a front arm in 2 places :(

A little bit of fiberglass (or carbon fiber) and epoxy and it will be as good as new.

Reactions: mrmund
A little bit of fiberglass (or carbon fiber) and epoxy and it will be as good as new.
I chose the lazy (and more expensive) way to send it back to DJI for repair. Should have it back tomorrow :)

So you had the arm bracers on and it still cracked?
Yep but like Oneball said maybe the arm would have completely snapped off without the brace. Which would have still ended with the same repair cost lol. Anyway got it back from DJI and now I'll keep the more aggressive freestyle flying for the carbon fiber quad.

Reactions: Noobnoobnoob
Yep but like Oneball said maybe the arm would have completely snapped off without the brace. Which would have still ended with the same repair cost lol. Anyway got it back from DJI and now I'll keep the more aggressive freestyle flying for the carbon fiber quad.
Just curious, how much was the repair cost?

Just curious, how much was the repair cost?
87$ for repair. front arm module is only $7. set of props $14. Labor $65. Or you can ask for a complete drone replacement for $260 with DJI care refresh.

87$ for repair. front arm module is only $7. set of props $14. Labor $65. Or you can ask for a complete drone replacement for $260 with DJI care refresh.
$87 isn't bad, what about shipping? Just wondering in case I need to send mine in some day.

I had a superb experience with repair after I sunburned my goggles. Repaired no cost to me AT ALL, was my fault, one week turnaround.

Reactions: A.O.
Prepaid shipping from DJI. Overall process took 1.5 weeks
This is good information. I hope I understand correctly. It sounds like the broken arm replacement was a total of $87 and took 1 1/2 weeks to get it back, and that was without DJI Care? Is that right?

This is good information. I hope I understand correctly. It sounds like the broken arm replacement was a total of $87 and took 1 1/2 weeks to get it back, and that was without DJI Care? Is that right?
With DJI care refresh. Not sure if things are different without.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18