Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

XHover Stingy FPV Freestyle Frame Unboxing -- A Noobs first fpv quad build

JoeCec

Reaction score

So, I'll introduce myself. My name is Joe, I'm from Huntsville, Alabama. I'm looking to get into the FPV community and I have purchased my first FPV frame. I have built 3D heli's before but this is way different! I just have the airframe for now and will continue to spec out additional parts.

I would appreciate any helpful tips or insights that some of the advanced flyers may have as to some of the components to stay away from and what's best starting out. Thanks for viewing.

Joe,

Welcome to the site! Looks like a nice frame. I've built about 6-7 birds now, some great, some not as great but still good birds. You can also search for my threads as most of my builds (with component info) are already posted on this site.

Here's a list of key components that I've found to work very well together (You can shop around for better prices. This also assumes a FrSky Radio):

Betaflight F3 All in One Flight controller:
Ready to Ship BetaflightF3 Flight Controller

Aikon 30A ESC's
Aikon SEFM 30A ESC with BLHeli_S Program Dshot

EMax RS2205-S 2300KV motors
Amazon.com: Crazepony 4pcs EMAX RS2205-S 2300KV Brushless Motor for X210 QAV250 QAV300 FPV Racing Quadcopter: Toys & Games

IRC Tramp HV VTX
ImmersionRC Tramp HV 5.8GHz Video Tx

Foxeer HS1177 FPV Camera
Amazon.com: Foxeer XAT600M mini FPV Camera 600TVL NTSC Sony CCD 2.8mm Lens OSD DC 5-17V with IR Blocked Filter plastic case HS1177 for FPV Racing Drone like QAV250: Toys & Games

FrSky XSR Receiver
Amazon.com: FrSky XSR 2.4GHz 16CH ACCST Receiver S-Bus CPPM Output Support X9D X9E X9DP X12S: Toys & Games

XT60 Connector
Amazon.com: LHI 2PCS WRA0053 XT60 Male W/14awg Silicon Wire 10cm: Toys & Games

Those components will create a very good bird with OSD (On Screen Display). Some components can be substituted like the Tramp HV. There are many cheaper alternatives to the Tramp that will work well, I've just chosen it as my go-to VTX as I'm trying to keep my birds consistent for inventory and replacement parts reasons. These components should work very well with 200mm to 250mm frames.

Jerry

I would stay away from the tramp because is high voltage component , it's not a good idea to mix HV components with non HV components, everything else in that list are good non HV components so I would change the Vtx to TBS unify pro v2 , it's one of the best you can get

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MopacFPV