Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

SMO 4k cannot connect to insta360 in android smartphone

Ekaterina

Reaction score
Hi! SMO 4k cannot recently connect to insta360 in android smartphone. I am not sure why, but I used to be able to connect SMO4k to my smartphone 3 month ago, and not anymore.

Error message says "confirm connection on device" as if I have to click something on SMO 4k. So far I tried;
- reinstall insta360 apps
- directly connect a battery to SMO4k, instead of connecting though FC.
- Andoroid says WiFi 'ONE R SRJKPJ.OSC' is connected with password '88888888'.
- I don't know why, but bluetooth is also trying to connect, and it seems to be hanging after typing '88888888', and never connected.
- when I am trying to connect insta360 apps, SMO4k definately reacts something. For example, it makes buzz or change ramp color. However, connection nerver completes.
- I used to manually select smo 4k 's Wifi, and click the connect-cam-yellow-button in insta360. That's it, but does not work anymore.

My guess is that Insta360 apps is recently updated, and the latest version (1.48.1) won't work with SMO 4k.
If anyone knows a solution, please let me know, thanks!

Attachments

• smo 4k.png
    smo 4k.png
    166.8 KB · Views: 1
Hi! SMO 4k cannot recently connect to insta360 in android smartphone. I am not sure why, but I used to be able to connect SMO4k to my smartphone 3 month ago, and not anymore.

Error message says "confirm connection on device" as if I have to click something on SMO 4k. So far I tried;
- reinstall insta360 apps
- directly connect a battery to SMO4k, instead of connecting though FC.
- Andoroid says WiFi 'ONE R SRJKPJ.OSC' is connected with password '88888888'.
- I don't know why, but bluetooth is also trying to connect, and it seems to be hanging after typing '88888888', and never connected.
- when I am trying to connect insta360 apps, SMO4k definately reacts something. For example, it makes buzz or change ramp color. However, connection nerver completes.
- I used to manually select smo 4k 's Wifi, and click the connect-cam-yellow-button in insta360. That's it, but does not work anymore.

My guess is that Insta360 apps is recently updated, and the latest version (1.48.1) won't work with SMO 4k.
If anyone knows a solution, please let me know, thanks!
Same exact problem. Have you found a solution?

No, I have not yet. If we have more the same situation, insta360 software could a problem..

Great, could you show me where to find a 'downgrade' button by maybe a screenshot?

Try version 1.29.0. I had the same problem, and this version solved it

Victor, thanks for your info, but my SMO 4k is just broken last week. My drone got a fail safe, and fell down on beach sand. That drone frame, battery, camera, prop are all fine, but just SMO 4k is dead. I cannot turn on its power. Good luck for yours!

Try version 1.29.0. I had the same problem, and this version solved it
Hey Victor, do you have a download link for 1.29.0? I am having the same issue but could not find a working apk :-(

Thank you! Could not install 1.29.0 because of broken package, but 1.28 did the trick :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18