Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

pulled the trigger on a starter !!! dont laugh

irish-apple

Reaction score
Ok I went and just did the Irish thing and said F@@K it !!!!

I just purchased a little whoop type quad for the house

little Eachine M80s

NO its not a racer

NO its not programmable

NO it wont go really far

YES though to looking for ward to getting this and learning the basics of FPV in and around the house

going to be connecting to my goggles RE dji ones and have a blast around the house .. if it fails I will let you know got a few batteries also

this could lead to bigger more efficient racers for me .. just Got to start learning BETAFLIGHT now first ..

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Awesome dude, we all had to start somewhere. Should be fine to start with but remember a couple of things.
The transmitter you will use for a bigger quad will be totally different.
Also be prepared to replace those little brushed motors regularly..
Aside from that just enjoy the fpv rollercoaster mate.

Awesome dude, we all had to start somewhere. Should be fine to start with but remember a couple of things.
The transmitter you will use for a bigger quad will be totally different.
Also be prepared to replace those little brushed motors regularly..
Aside from that just enjoy the fpv rollercoaster mate.

yeah bought some extra motors / props batteries etc .. been flying small little quads a little while around the house husban etc flying a dji mavic awhile now also im comfortable in atti mode on that also so looking forward to the new learning curve ..

yeah the controllers will be different alright for the bigger racers while were on that subject you seem to really know your stuff .. ant controller you would like to mention as in your on a desert island and have only one controller thank god its ???? cheers

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Well thanks for the compliment mate but I am still very much learning myself.
As far as controllers go, I believe it is very much personal preference.
But I think frsky controllers are the most popular. I have and really like a flysky fs-i6.
If I had plenty of funds to put in it I would try quite a few.
I am a puncher trying to learn to be a pincher as I am finding I have better control when I pinch, but I still find myself punching eventually.
I know the turnigy evolution is popular too.
Wayne

You can't go wrong with a Whoop Irish, you will want it if you have months of bad winter weather and outdoor flying is not an option for a while.
I am a Frsky user and they are by far the most popular in this hobby for bang for the buck.
If you like the game controller style you can't beat the X-Lite, and the QX7/QX7S are both excellent, along the X9D+/X9D+ Special Edition.
Whooping in Angle mode is great, but eventually when you get a bigger race/freestyle quad you will need to get comfortable with Acro mode too.
I fly all modes from time to time, and both FPV and LOS, I am still learning too so Angle and Horizon help me to fly LOS and keep stability while I gain experience.
Welcome and the very best of luck to you!

Reactions: irish-apple
Ah well, I started with a very cheap FuriBee F36 micro quad a few weeks ago, just to try some flying.

Now I bought a Taranis X9D+ SE and am trying some sims with it, and also got a FPV micro and larger 5 inch on the way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax