Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

New FPV Pilot - Immersion Vortex 180

Num1gator

Reaction score
Greetings from Tampa!

I finally pulled the trigger on a racing quad last night, and Amazon Prime happens to have same day delivery for most everything that I ordered. I have some quad experience from my Yuneec 500Q and cheap micro drones, but this will be a baby step transition for me with such a huge leap in speed and agility. Here’s what I have arriving today and am appreciative of anyone that has feedback:

Immersion RC Airplanes RC Vortex 180 Mini Arf Quadcopter Racing Drone, White, 180mm
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074PP3HXD Only $159 right now!

Flysky FS-I6S 10ch 2.4G AFHDS 2A RC Transmitter Control w/ FS-iA6B
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EZJBTAG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tattu 14.8V 850mAh 4S 45C LiPo Battery Pack with XT30 Plug for FPV 150 size (2 of these...)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071GBMHDS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I haven’t ordered a FPV set, but I will most likely buy one of the Eachine goggles. I set out to keep it under $300, so I have to juggle the quality vs. cost situation. I hopefully did well after a lot of research. I wanted to do a complete build, but after reading about issues with some incompatibility, I decided to make my first one pre-assembled. I’ll get bolder and scratch build a quad sometime in the future.

As I really can't answer anything you ask I will just welcome you to DRP .
I'm sure one of these guy's will be along shortly that can answer what you seek . 0ROJYyg.png

I agree with Green (on just about everything drone related) about the goggles. If you don't have great vision, pupil placement etc. Fatshark type goggles don't really work well. I use a $60 pair of Eachine vr-008's and I love them. They are big enough so as I can wear glasses while using them

Greetings from Tampa!

I finally pulled the trigger on a racing quad last night, and Amazon Prime happens to have same day delivery for most everything that I ordered. I have some quad experience from my Yuneec 500Q and cheap micro drones, but this will be a baby step transition for me with such a huge leap in speed and agility. Here’s what I have arriving today and am appreciative of anyone that has feedback:

Immersion RC Airplanes RC Vortex 180 Mini Arf Quadcopter Racing Drone, White, 180mm
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074PP3HXD Only $159 right now!

Flysky FS-I6S 10ch 2.4G AFHDS 2A RC Transmitter Control w/ FS-iA6B
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EZJBTAG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tattu 14.8V 850mAh 4S 45C LiPo Battery Pack with XT30 Plug for FPV 150 size (2 of these...)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071GBMHDS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I haven’t ordered a FPV set, but I will most likely buy one of the Eachine goggles. I set out to keep it under $300, so I have to juggle the quality vs. cost situation. I hopefully did well after a lot of research. I wanted to do a complete build, but after reading about issues with some incompatibility, I decided to make my first one pre-assembled. I’ll get bolder and scratch build a quad sometime in the future.
Wow!! I sign up today and make an introduction thread. As soon as I post I see your thread below mine. I literally JUST told my wife how I either wanted something from immersion or blade for compatibility to my dx6 gen2 I already own. I clicked the link, added to cart and it'll be here in a couple days! These are supposedly great little quads and from a great company! I would really like to follow up with you as I am new to focus myself and will be running a very very similar setup!!!

Wow!! I sign up today and make an introduction thread. As soon as I post I see your thread below mine. I literally JUST told my wife how I either wanted something from immersion or blade for compatibility to my dx6 gen2 I already own. I clicked the link, added to cart and it'll be here in a couple days! These are supposedly great little quads and from a great company! I would really like to follow up with you as I am new to focus myself and will be running a very very similar setup!!!

I bought my Vortex 180 from Amazon for $159, but the same vendor dropped it down to $124 yesterday, and it’s now $130 this morning (with free next day delivery if you have Amazon Prime). It’s significantly lower priced than the Vortex 150 despite having upgrades. I haven’t seen anyone come close to this price (usually $319). I’ve only just received all of my accessories for me to plan to take it out and lose my FPV virginity today. There’s a very active Cigar City Multirotors racing club here in Tampa having a meet, greet, and fly today, so I’m going to try to make it before it ends to hopefully get it up in the air.

I bought my Vortex 180 from Amazon for $159, but the same vendor dropped it down to $124 yesterday, and it’s now $130 this morning (with free next day delivery if you have Amazon Prime). It’s significantly lower priced than the Vortex 150 despite having upgrades. I haven’t seen anyone come close to this price (usually $319). I’ve only just received all of my accessories for me to plan to take it out and lose my FPV virginity today. There’s a very active Cigar City Multirotors racing club here in Tampa having a meet, greet, and fly today, so I’m going to try to make it before it ends to hopefully get it up in the air.
I'm excited.. mine is or for delivery now. And I have everything to need to fly it today if I choose.. post back and let us know how it goes today!!

I'm excited.. mine is or for delivery now. And I have everything to need to fly it today if I choose.. post back and let us know how it goes today!!

I just read your thread about your 180 and had a similar experience for my first flight. When I juiced the motors to lift off for the first time, just allowing the stick to move to its neutral position made it shoot into the sky like a rocket. This is definately not my Yuneec Q500. I had planned on doing a VERY limited line of sight flight to fine tune the controls, but after having to bring it down hard after a little bit of panic, that was enough to know that I needed to hit LiftOff for a while. I’m leaving for a week, so I’m taking a laptop and transmitter to practice when I get time. I’ll hopefully be ready to fly the real thing better than shooting it up and pretty much falling back down. At least I know that it’s durable...

These Vortex 180’s are ridiculously fast right out of the box. I saw that the vendor that I bought mine from has the price back up to $319 like everyone else. You hopefully got one while the price was so low. It went as low as $125 before it leapt back up. Crazy deal for what you get for that price, but I guess we’re both experiencing the steep learning curve of stepping into piloting such a little beast.

I just read your thread about your 180 and had a similar experience for my first flight. When I juiced the motors to lift off for the first time, just allowing the stick to move to its neutral position made it shoot into the sky like a rocket. This is definately not my Yuneec Q500. I had planned on doing a VERY limited line of sight flight to fine tune the controls, but after having to bring it down hard after a little bit of panic, that was enough to know that I needed to hit LiftOff for a while. I’m leaving for a week, so I’m taking a laptop and transmitter to practice when I get time. I’ll hopefully be ready to fly the real thing better than shooting it up and pretty much falling back down. At least I know that it’s durable...

These Vortex 180’s are ridiculously fast right out of the box. I saw that the vendor that I bought mine from has the price back up to $319 like everyone else. You hopefully got one while the price was so low. It went as low as $125 before it leapt back up. Crazy deal for what you get for that price, but I guess we’re both experiencing the steep learning curve of stepping into piloting such a little beast.
I'm adapting pretty well.. Still get nerves when I fly, but even after only 4 packs I'm not"scared" of it anymore. Posted a terrible YouTube video, had an ancient GoPro sitting on the back of my car mostly because I wanted to just see it flying.. Decided to upload it anyways..

Alright Venom, I love the sound of screaming engines. Nice one
I found a runcam3 so I'm trying to get a hold of it now. Wanting to put a small camera on this thing . If it falls through I think I'll pick up a runcam2. It's larger in size but lighter anyways. I already installed the immersionrc camera mount on my bird [emoji1303]

And of course I have it with me for a pic of the mount... Selling an iPhone to a guy this morning and I brought it to try and find a place to fly. It's a tad cold so flight times will be in the sub 3 mins but flying is better than not flying [emoji1303]1520686283315.jpg

Reactions: Num1gator
Oh yeah, not much compares to an awesome fpv pack. Have you thought about going tri blades on her?
Considered it, the 150 comes with 3" triblades. But immersion says in their warnings not to run bullnose props due to chancing burning something up.. I figured if it was that picky I may not want to chance triblades.

I bought props of the stock specs from several different manufacturers to try out and see what I like,. Have some gem/dal/hq props to run. Stock was the hq.

Reactions: Num1gator
I'm adapting pretty well.. Still get nerves when I fly, but even after only 4 packs I'm not"scared" of it anymore. Posted a terrible YouTube video, had an ancient GoPro sitting on the back of my car mostly because I wanted to just see it flying.. Decided to upload it anyways..

Nice! I can’t wait to get back next weekend and take another stab at mine after a week of much needed simulated stick time. Happy flying and I’ll be back next week.

Reactions: venomoussvt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlysTroe