Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Motor or ESC issue?????

Marturashi

Reaction score
Hey everyone, i have an issue that hopefully someone on here can help me figure out.
Earlier today i was flying my drone and i also got some flights last week as well (everything worked fine). But today on my first battery, i took off went out a little bit, was flying line of sight, and the drone dropped out of the sky. I noticed one of the motors stopped spinning and then the drone fell. When i picked the drone up and set it flat, i rearmed it and the back motor on the right side, when giving throtle, does 4 little sputters, then the esc makes a sound. The motor never spins Fully. It does the same thing when i connect it to Betaflight and give motor propulsion through the motor's tab. My other motors spin fully and they dont have a problem. What could have caused this issue, and how do i fix it??

Hey everyone, i have an issue that hopefully someone on here can help me figure out.
Earlier today i was flying my drone and i also got some flights last week as well (everything worked fine). But today on my first battery, i took off went out a little bit, was flying line of sight, and the drone dropped out of the sky. I noticed one of the motors stopped spinning and then the drone fell. When i picked the drone up and set it flat, i rearmed it and the back motor on the right side, when giving throtle, does 4 little sputters, then the esc makes a sound. The motor never spins Fully. It does the same thing when i connect it to Betaflight and give motor propulsion through the motor's tab. My other motors spin fully and they dont have a problem. What could have caused this issue, and how do i fix it??

You blew an ESC, motors are fairly sturdy unless you bend a bell or somehow one of the wires gets broken. I wouldn’t test it any more as the ESC is likely the catch on fire if you give it much throttle.

So even tho the motor sputters and then the esc recalibrates, that means that the esc is gone for good?? I was really hoping that the ESC was not Blown as i was just moving forward when it fell out of the sky. But i guess i will have to replace it. Such a sad day in the life of a drone pilot.

I am 99% sure the ESC is gone given your indications, they can go at anytime as they are a dc to ac high current device and all makes can have a bit of infant mortality. If you want to be 100% sure, swap the motor with one that is working and see if the motor works in a new position and the one that did work is no longer working. But if you ask me, that is triple the work when the indications are clear.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax