Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Loctite motors?!?!

broncosdad1317

Reaction score
so I've read and heard controversy around the net but I only am gonna trust what the family here has to say....so.....should I loctite my motor screws? What kind of Loctite? What screws? how much for application? how long to dry before an aggressive flight?

so I've read and heard controversy around the net but I only am gonna trust what the family here has to say....so.....should I loctite my motor screws? What kind of Loctite? What screws? how much for application? how long to dry before an aggressive flight?

No debate, answer is absolutely. Particularly if using soft mount plates. Just a little dab on the end of the screw, doesn't take much
Use blue Loctite, not the red permanent stuff.
I use only high quality steel screws, don't see any benefit in using alum or titanium. Some people use only 2 of the 4 screws, that's just personal preference, I use all 4.
As for length, just eyeball 'em. As long as they're flush with the bottom plate or protruding a mm or 2 is fine, as long as they're not close to making contact with the windings. I let them set up for a minimum of 24 hours

Oh, and I use aluminum screws wherever I can, especially motor screws. But I am pinching half grams since I like ultralight builds at every prop size.

Okay cool thanks guys. I just put it on the ends of the four screws that hold the motor to the frame right?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockercoaster