Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

If it ain't one thing it's another!

Roadking

Reaction score
Website
aerialdroneservice.myportfolio.com
I finally got my new GEPRC Phantom toothpick set up and flying smooth. I had all my switches set on the radio and OSD showing exactly what I wanted. I had a good understanding of how to change things in the OSD like vtx power, etc.

Flying around the field having a ball. Ran 4 packs through it and really enjoying myself, with two more packs to go.

I landed on pack 4 and picked up the quad, AND IT FELL APART IN MY HAND!!!

Aghhh!!! The 3 screws holding the upper and lower frames together were gone. I was wondering why the last few minutes of flight #4 were wobbly.

I'm not giving up. Just venting. :mad:

I ordered more screws on Amazon and they should be here on Saturday. I just hope I ordered the correct size (M3x5mm & M3x6mm). Loctite this time.

Can't wait to fly it again. What a nice little machine.

Reactions: RPR and Wayno52
Better it fell apart in your hand than from the air. ?

Yep, low strength 222 loctite is the go to for me. I learnt my lesson after losing screws hand made by Tibetan monks out of unobtanium and found that even brand new quads had over half the screws and fittings needing to be tightened. These days I do a quick pre and post flight check and grab one off the shelf for some TLC at night when having a beer.

On the topic of the post I have had a run of luck you would not believe. It started with crashing into the stream at my favorite spot. The spot includes the stream and an old railroad bridge that has been converted into a pedestrian/cycle path. I had to leave it there the first day as I couldn’t find it and got stung by a bee while looking for it and my hand swelled up almost twice it’s normal size. I did get lucky and find it the next day and surprisingly the only things that were completely destroyed were the esc and my Go Pro ( luckily was still in the Amazon return window ). Then a few days later I crashed behind my house and the quad went up in flames. I’m not talking the smoke coming out of a lipo I’m talking call the fire dept flames. So that quad is gone. Then early last week was flying in the hills by my house and lost video and went down, luckily it only took me a day and a half to find it. The battery came unplugged and my VIFLY buzzer had fallen out a week before so it was literally luck that I found it. Then Sunday was flying and had a failsafe that took out 3 new Badger arms and a new Pyrodrone stack. Then yesterday went to move the motors from the badger to another build and the JB esc that worked right before the motor swap won’t boot up. I did call Race Day Quads and they are sending an ESC!!! Thank you RDQ!! And I ordered another stack and replacement arms for the Badger. But even after all that I am so excited to get my quads back in the air and fly!!! I really am a gluten for punishment!!!
Happy Flying!!!!

• Wow
Reactions: HighTechPauper
On the topic of the post I have had a run of luck you would not believe. It started with crashing into the stream at my favorite spot. The spot includes the stream and an old railroad bridge that has been converted into a pedestrian/cycle path. I had to leave it there the first day as I couldn’t find it and got stung by a bee while looking for it and my hand swelled up almost twice it’s normal size. I did get lucky and find it the next day and surprisingly the only things that were completely destroyed were the esc and my Go Pro ( luckily was still in the Amazon return window ). Then a few days later I crashed behind my house and the quad went up in flames. I’m not talking the smoke coming out of a lipo I’m talking call the fire dept flames. So that quad is gone. Then early last week was flying in the hills by my house and lost video and went down, luckily it only took me a day and a half to find it. The battery came unplugged and my VIFLY buzzer had fallen out a week before so it was literally luck that I found it. Then Sunday was flying and had a failsafe that took out 3 new Badger arms and a new Pyrodrone stack. Then yesterday went to move the motors from the badger to another build and the JB esc that worked right before the motor swap won’t boot up. I did call Race Day Quads and they are sending an ESC!!! Thank you RDQ!! And I ordered another stack and replacement arms for the Badger. But even after all that I am so excited to get my quads back in the air and fly!!! I really am a gluten for punishment!!!
Happy Flying!!!!
Well as they say, ‘there’s always someone doing it worse than you’. Unbelievable! I’ve had to do the trudge back home after a myriad of failures, fires and lost gear and I’m going to have a scotch and light an incense candle to commemorate all the souls that have walked the same path.
On a brighter note, after giving up up on BangBad for a replacement motor for my mobula 7 HD, I’ve transplanted the motors from my CrapCan and I’m good again. The wife set fire to our block and I’m hoping for some reasonable footage.

Last edited:
Happy Flying!!!!
Clearly there is something wrong with us. ?
What kind of lunatics enjoy this? I'm one, and I still don't get it.

I’m right behind you [emoji23] I also ordered one and have it this week.

I saw a caddx turtle v2 mod and I’m towards installing an HD cam as a mod for the phantom.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax