Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

I am building another 3" quad

Er, I decided at the last minute to switch to 1407 BrotherHobby Tornado 4100kv motors. No reason! But if I was going to use the emax motors this is what it would have looked like. Before I probably burned them up along with the ESC... :O0716171025c.jpg

Reactions: Keifie and Speeder
Just got my ARFun Pro 95 in and when attempting to pull a prop off I pulled off the motor housing. Apparently the super tiny e clip that holds it onto the shaft failed and i could not find a replacement to save my life, then I stripped a screw trying to put it back on, so i decided to just replace all the motors with HGLTech 1104 7500v. This was my first foray into drone repair. What a surprise i was in for. Working on these micros is NOT easy. Your build is absolutely gorgeous and I can certainly appreciate the skill. I LOVE these micros and this is the first time I've seen a stretch...Sweet...I must get one of these. Not sure why people aren't into these little pocket rockets more, The reasons you listed out are right on the money, not to mention that, from behind the cam you can hardly tell its a micro. These puppies are FAST. I love threads like this, would like to see more of them and when I do finally get the cash, and the confidence to build one from scratch I will share it here as well, Thank You for sharing this bro, it is inspiring.

Hi Green,
Well of course it got featured! Its a work of art. Where are the vids of you flying it? Do you get more video interference because of the small size?

Peace Keith

Reactions: Jtrjr
Hi Green,
Well of course it got featured! Its a work of art. Where are the vids of you flying it? Do you get more video interference because of the small size?

Peace Keith

Unfortunately I won't have any video for at least a week. I screwed up while rewiring those motors and fried the ESC! The new ESC won't come in until then, I could only get it from China.

At least the new bigger motors I ordered will be here today or tomorrow. I ordered RotorGeeks 1407 4000kv in blue. They are supposed to be almost equal performance with and lighter than the BrotherHobby 1407 4100kv but those only come in silver. The build came out a little heavier than I anticipated, so I decided to motor up a size. http://rotorgeeks.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_88&product_id=744

My Predator X v1 is 76g dry weight. The Predator X SE with 1306 motors was 136g. I should still be under 140g since the RotorGeeks 1407's are so light.

Last edited:
The new motors are installed, waiting on the ESC now. I decided not to risk splicing the motor wires so short. But I still wanted red, white and blue motor wires at the ESC so I had to go with the sleeving this time to make it look nice. Here is how the motor wires came out.

0721171730.jpg

Looks great, Green! Super clean build. Now, comes the real test "but does it fly!". I can't wait to see some footage!

Jerry

This is getting silly, it still isn't in the air pending yet more parts on monday. The ESC fried itself two times now. In an unbelievable turn of events, I accidentally ordered a third of the same board! Banggood and gearbest advertise different specs for what I now see from the photos is the same board. This build has become a comedy of errors which i blame mostly on the Racerstar Dark18A.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shempi