Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Hubsan H122D x4 Storm?

jarredlc

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm very new to the drone scene. I used to think that it didn't really interest me, and that it would be a waste of money. My girlfriend bought me a Sharper Image DX4 for Christmas (I don't get the terrible reviews, mine seems to be pretty decent) and now I'm hooked. I got another from my family for Christmas, and I had a lot of trouble with it. I couldn't hold it still, and when I tried to trim it, the drone would freak out and slam into walls. I took it back and began looking at some to replace it. I started off looking for a small drone I could fly inside, but somewhere along the line I came across a video about Charpu. I looked into his Youtube, and now I'm hooked. I've watched a ton of videos from both him and Rotor Riot, as well as a couple others, and I want to work my way into FPV. The problem is, it is very expensive. I'm about to buy a car and I'll be heading to college in August. Money is tight. That's where my question comes in.

Have any of you used the Hubsan H122D? I've seen a fair share of good reviews, and it seems like it could be a good budget option to introduce me to the hobby. One big thing that I want, though, is the ability to buy multiple batteries. I can't seem to find replacement batteries for this drone. Are they for sale anywhere?

Would it even be worth me buying the Hubsan? It's only $72 for the drone and transmitter, which is nice at this time. I also am a little concerned that it is only going to be a waste of money for an only okay drone that I'm going to want to replace in a month. Is this drone enough for me to get the VERY toned down freestyle Charpu experience (not worried about racing... yet), or would it be better for me to just wait for a few months until I can knock my budget up. What is a good minimum budget for a good quality set up? I would really rather not go much over $300, all things considered. Sorry for the lengthy post, I'm sure some of my questions have been answered, but I never can seem to find a thread that really appeals to my exact personal questions. Thanks for your help!

Welcome jarredic, if I were you I would hold off until you have the $300 as you are going to crash a lot to start with. You are going to want a quad with good durability and one that will give you decent speed as you progress.
I will send some suggestions
Wayne
Btw where are you located

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Notubesmaster