Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Help on parts

Wayno52

Reaction score
92691002-B09A-4269-AFEE-5BE039732B0F.jpeg Hey all, just giving my bird the once over and realised I need a few bits and pieces. Got my new antennas for bird and goggles and went to fit when I realised xt60 battery connector was loose. It is mounted to frame with 2 x small silver Phillips head screws. Only one left as one has obviously fallen off. Any ideas what size? Also need new o rings for motors for the props? Again not sure on size? Also looking at trying 4 blades, recommendations? Vv I know you have been trialling how’s it been? BTW bird is Diatone tyrant s 215. Cheers Wayne

Attachments

• 361E8EB3-958C-4617-BF12-B1F608E124CE.jpeg
    361E8EB3-958C-4617-BF12-B1F608E124CE.jpeg
    753.3 KB · Views: 3
Ok thanks Green. I have spares but all too long. They are tiny. One thing I don’t like about Diatone. No parts list. I will contact supplier and see if they know. Thanks again Green. Wayne

The four blade props are great if you are wanting to slow it down a little and they are also very agile, very good for tight areas. Generally, the four blade props have lower pitch, like 4, where other props go as high as 5 or more. (Pitch is the second number in prop dimensions as in 5 (size in inches) 4 (pitch) 4 (number of blades) I'm flying Dal 5x4x4 v2's in tight areas

That screw almost looks like a laptop PC hard drive bay screw, and you may want to look online but I know they make wire strippers with screw length cutters built in, would be handy to have something to shorten screws in an instance like this.
Cheers!

Reactions: Wayno52
Thinking about something like these, would be nice to know if the threads per inch(mm) is standard for Metric hardware like this, and if you could find some wire strippers with all the M sizes that are in, or could be in, a quad.

Knipex 97-22-240 Crimping Pliers - MultiGrip

EDIT: These are a bit pricey so I might look for less expensive, but sometimes you get what you pay for.

It might be too big or small buddy, hard to tell scale from the pictures, but it is a thought and it never hurts to check. I am the king of jerry rigged solutions from what you have on hand, sometimes I fail and need to buy, but many times CHA-CHING... works like a charm :) Lol

Yeah so silly Randy fiddling around in shed last night in the dark trying to find screws I knew wouldn’t be in there. Didn’t think about toys inside. Now I think about it I have 3 boys with buckets of toys. Might have to pull a night raid and see what turns up. Lol

LOLOL, ;) They will never miss that toy when the wheel falls off, they will just move on to the next one! lol

Yours and mine both buddy, I think we were luckier to have that childhood, much richer experiences in my book!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockercoaster