Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Frsky and betaflight

Droner

Reaction score
Hi, i built my first drone and i need some help.
I bind the transmitter to my frsky reciver but no input on betaflight when i move the sticks, telemetry is ok and a green led in my transmitter.IMG_2644.jpgIMG_2645.jpgIMG_2645.jpgIMG_2646.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2645.jpg
    IMG_2645.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 6
HWF4NANO-4__09577.1514343479.jpg

So it looks like you want the 4th pad over on the top according to this picture (SBUS/PPM), does it match your FC?

Also, and I'm just spitballing here, but you might check your power and ground to the RX, and think about remounting them. Sometimes I've had solders that work well enough to turn a device on, but not work it. I know how stupid that sounds, but sometimes just resoldering things has worked for me.

Same goes for your controller. Did you build a profile for this quad? You might just start over with a new profile there as well.

This looks like a nice FC. As an F4 you should be able to run it in 8/8. I hope we get this working for you!

Last edited:

So it looks like you want the 4th pad over on the top according to this picture (SBUS/PPM), does it match your FC?

Also, and I'm just spitballing here, but you might check your power and ground to the RX, and think about remounting them. Sometimes I've had solders that work well enough to turn a device on, but not work it. I know how stupid that sounds, but sometimes just resoldering things has worked for me.

Same goes for your controller. Did you build a profile for this quad? You might just start over with a new profile there as well.

This looks like a nice FC. As an F4 you should be able to run it in 8/8. I hope we get this working for you!

IMG_0030.jpg

I am a drone pilot for a few years but this is the first model i built.
Can you explain what do you mean when you said profile for my quad, what is 8/8? Soeey for the rookie questions.
Hope we can talk on skype or instegram.

If you don't get this going please let me know and I will help.

I believe the better word than "profile" would be "configuration" The quad will need some configuration in Betaflight to be able to work. When talking 8k/8k he is referring to the gyro update and PID loop frequencies, yours can run that, but it has no bearing on whether the FC sees the input from the RX.

If you don't get this going please let me know and I will help.

I believe the better word than "profile" would be "configuration" The quad will need some configuration in Betaflight to be able to work. When talking 8k/8k he is referring to the gyro update and PID loop frequencies, yours can run that, but it has no bearing on whether the FC sees the input from the RX.

What is RX? [emoji3526]

So the thing you hold in your hands with the sticks is the TX (Transmitter), the thing in the quad that should be hooked to the SBUS pin on your FC is the RX (Receiver), the TX sends your stick and switch commands to the RX, and the RX sends those commands to the FC so that it knows what you are telling it to do.

So the thing you hold in your hands with the sticks is the TX (Transmitter), the thing in the quad that should be hooked to the SBUS pin on your FC is the RX (Receiver), the TX sends your stick and switch commands to the RX, and the RX sends those commands to the FC so that it knows what you are telling it to do.

Do you have instagram account?
Tnx for you help i realy appreciate that

Yes but I don't use it and am not sure how. Usually on here when I help people it is through either iPhone Facetime or Facebook Messenger video, do you have a Facebook account? If so we can talk and video through that

Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 8.19.40 PM.jpg

These are the pads we want. Black is negative, red is positive, and green is SBUS. Your RX either has corresponding pads, or there's a plug depending on the model. It looks like theres only a wire on the positive and negative right now which would power on the RX, but not provide a signal (the green pad)

Let me know if this makes sense, and if you haven't solved it yet, send the Frsky receiver model and we can hook it up

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Can you explain what do you mean when you said profile for my quad
I think FrSky calls them Models. I don't know what kind of controller you have, but if you're not really familiar with it you might watch this video too. (More Bardwell. He's dry but he covers all his bases )

Can you explain what do you mean when you said profile for my quad, what is 8/8?
It's true that this is not about getting your controller to work, but it will help eliminate propwash right off the bat once we get this thing spinning.
Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 8.50.02 PM.png

You'll want to set your Gyro and Pid loop both to 8khz. (Hence 8/8)

Reactions: HighTechPauper

Rtk is right, i read it wrong the first time, that’s a model profile, not a BF config, my bad

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlysTroe