Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

First kit, complete novice

Gmartensson

Reaction score
Hi, first time posting here so I do apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong sub forum.

I'm looking to get into racing drones but have absolutely no idea of what I'm doing. I've looked around for some beginner guides and think I've found all the components that I need.

Drone (emax hawk 5)
Controller (flysky fs-i6) called receiver or transmitter maybe?
Goggles (eachine vr-007)
Charger (wltoys v950)
Batteries (xf power 4s 70c)

My apologies if these are pleb links but I just tried to piece together what I found in the guides.

Will these components even comply? (I think I've matched the 4s's and the c-numbers)

Will I need some of those fancy antennas to along with the headset?

Will I need anything else?

Would you have gone with something completely different with a budget of 300-400$? (Other than the joy of flying I hope to be able to stick a GoPro on it to get smooth and fast moving shots)

And lastly; are there any guides available on how to start the thing, how to connect everything and all of that?

Looks like good stuff. I would probably get a CatalystMachineworks Massive Droner 2.5" BNF instead of the emax Hawk 5, which is also good. I think you need to call or e-mail them since they only list the 3" as BNF, but they will do it for parts plus $75. It should be less than the $309 they charge for the 3".

Massive Droner Labor Charge (Included assembly, programming, setup, and testing)

Or a babyhawk-r would be good too.

Emaxx BabyHawk Race Edition - 112mm Brushless FPV Racing Drone | PNP

Pair one of those two with one of these taranis options.

FrSky Taranis Q X7 2.4GHz 16CH Transmitter (White)
FrSky Taranis Q X7S Radio w/ Upgraded M7 Hall Sensor Gimbals (Blue)
FrSky X-Lite 2.4GHz Radio Controller (Black)

Reasons:
Way easier to find a place to fly.
Much quieter.
Basically just as fast.
Less dangerous.
Less intimidating to fly.
Batteries are way cheaper.
Break less in crashes.
More portable.
Lots more.

Agreed and also that is bnf with frsky receiver so would have to change receiver or you could get pnp and install flysky receiver. But that’s a fast beginner bird. Something less intimidating may be better? Just a thought. Welcome by the way.

Reactions: HighTechPauper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
az.lonewolf81