Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

First build have no idea what to do.

Hi @Knightdroner, welcome to the forum!

So by looking at it on thingiverse it is fairly standard and has the following requirements.
4 inch prop
30.5mm stack mounting (called a 30x30 stack, a standard size in the hobby)
M3 hardware
It will require a 4in1 ESC (you won't be able to run individual ESC's on this frame)

And that's the basics, but what exactly to put in it, is not such an easy question, there are a million choices.
If this is first build, you have a lot of learning to do before you can even guess what you might want.
I would suggest looking at the hot 4 inch prebuilt models to see what they are running as far as ESC amps and motor KV and go from there.

Take it with a grain of salt, but I have a few options for you.

Here's an okay ESC/FC stack. I haven't flown it, but it's good numbers for the money.

I'd go with 1408 or 1407 motors because the frame is gonna be a little heavy. You want 4s motors, around 3600 kv, and you can get used to flying it on 3s. Bump up to 4s when you're ready for more speed.

Do you have the radio and FPV goggles already?

My plan was to build the drone first then buy those
Yes, but no. You can't really finish or test the unit without those.
Check the other new build threads here, but we generally recommend the Taranis Qx7s and the EV800d as a solid first set.

You can check out this guy on youtube, he also prints his own frames and I like his micro builds (good parts lists). This is a little smaller than yours at 3inches, but smaller frames are just a little more crash resistant.

But for that print you need standoffs and screws

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlysTroe