Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Face plant!

Yeah buddy, finally flew out last Sunday and back at work now. Not flat out but at least back to work. I'm in a fantastic apartment overlooking Bondi beach but with all that's going on still can't go and fly. ??View attachment 4208
Glad to hear you are well!!! Ah nice view mate!!! That view is a bit of a tease!

Yeah I literally overlook the most famous beach in Australia. Wish I could fly it. ?
Hope you don't have too big of a repair job after that last rip but hey let's face it, you have time to repair atm. ?
Looks amazing!! I'm jealous just of the view!!! LOL
naw no biggie.. going to place the RX.. easy peasy! Yes lots of time.. once I finish my yard work chores today LOL

Showed my wife your footage and she remarked that the damage didn’t look too bad. I explained what was needed to repair it and she remarked that compared to some of the carnage I return home with, you’re clearly a better pilot... I’ve only just repaired my DC3 after taking nearly two months to find spares for it, had a great flight yesterday and going to spoil her with a GPS today and set up rescue mode on it.
After I ring my mum of course.

Showed my wife your footage and she remarked that the damage didn’t look too bad. I explained what was needed to repair it and she remarked that compared to some of the carnage I return home with, you’re clearly a better pilot... I’ve only just repaired my DC3 after taking nearly two months to find spares for it, had a great flight yesterday and going to spoil her with a GPS today and set up rescue mode on it.
LOL i just got lucky LOL! Oh i saw Nurk's video with the GPS and rescue mode. seemed to work well. Post some videos when you get it set up!

LOL i just got lucky LOL! Oh i saw Nurk's video with the GPS and rescue mode. seemed to work well. Post some videos when you get it set up!
Yeah I’m going to set it up today and make friends with the local potato farmer who has a couple of hundred acres down the road. I buy his spuds so maybe he’ll let me fly around his place.

Quick update. Rang mum for Mother’s Day and she reckons I’m a good egg for sending flowers and chocolates. Unfortunately the last words from the wife as she was leaving to see her mum was ‘don’t forget to change out the toilet cistern as you’ve put it off for the last two years’. No drones today as I’m trying to graft a cistern into a spot where the old one sat and obviously I’ll be needing a hammer, maybe a chainsaw if this drags on much longer.

Yeah buddy, finally flew out last Sunday and back at work now. Not flat out but at least back to work. I'm in a fantastic apartment overlooking Bondi beach but with all that's going on still can't go and fly. ??View attachment 4208
Greetings from the US. What a beautiful view. Last June, my family and I were RIGHT THERE walking on that sidewalk, looking at Bondi beach. Saw the Iceburgs club around the corner and enjoyed a GREAT lunch at the fish place in the background of your photo (other end of the beach. . .North Bondi RSL, I think). Great memories! Would love to go back.

Quick update. Rang mum for Mother’s Day and she reckons I’m a good egg for sending flowers and chocolates. Unfortunately the last words from the wife as she was leaving to see her mum was ‘don’t forget to change out the toilet cistern as you’ve put it off for the last two years’. No drones today as I’m trying to graft a cistern into a spot where the old one sat and obviously I’ll be needing a hammer, maybe a chainsaw if this drags on much longer.
LOL.. it'a the things you put off that ALWAYS come back to bite you!!! Been a victim of those man, many times :)

LOL.. it'a the things you put off that ALWAYS come back to bite you!!! Been a victim of those man, many times :)
Well the transplant went well and now I have a serviceable toilet.
I fitted the gps unit to my DC5, set it up in Betaflight and ended up with 18 satellites. Took it outside and now the quad won’t arm... I set the number of satellites to 0 in the CLI thinking that may be the issue but nope. Rebound the receiver which was bound anyway, checked the wiring on the FC, my Tx is telling me it is connected (lost telemetry etc when I unplug the battery) and currently binging on Bardwell to see if he has an answer.

• Sad
Reactions: HighTechPauper
Well the transplant went well and now I have a serviceable toilet.
I fitted the gps unit to my DC5, set it up in Betaflight and ended up with 18 satellites. Took it outside and now the quad won’t arm... I set the number of satellites to 0 in the CLI thinking that may be the issue but nope. Rebound the receiver which was bound anyway, checked the wiring on the FC, my Tx is telling me it is connected (lost telemetry etc when I unplug the battery) and currently binging on Bardwell to see if he has an answer.
Doesn't Betaflight have an issue with arming? i remember something about the angle?

Doesn't Betaflight have an issue with arming? i remember something about the angle?
I ran a CLI status and it came up with rxloss which wasn’t the case, I’ve got the small angle set to 180 so that wasn’t it either. Turned out that I needed to reload the original FC file I had previously backed up (thank god). All up and running and if it doesn’t rain, I’ll test it.
Let’s not talk about me crashing my 339 cube yesterday and tearing the wires off the receiver..

I ran a CLI status and it came up with rxloss which wasn’t the case, I’ve got the small angle set to 180 so that wasn’t it either. Turned out that I needed to reload the original FC file I had previously backed up (thank god). All up and running and if it doesn’t rain, I’ll test it.
Let’s not talk about me crashing my 339 cube yesterday and tearing the wires off the receiver..
Sweet glad to hear you got it resolved! My main go-to birds are both Kiss so I'm not much help with BF. I feel ya on the receiver!!! I still haven't repaired my Reverb from the face plant!

So a little update on my repairs... Front of the Reverb bottom plate is getting chewed up. Prop replaced no biggie. RX replaced no biggie. I went to do a spin test and see that I fried yet another Kiss 32A ESC. These things are waaaaaay to sensitive... in my humble opinion. @ $32 US (I'm in Canada) times 4 (one for each motor) it's getting a little crazy. I must go through 4-5 each summer. Ordered this ( KISS 2-5S 25A (40A limit) 32bit 4-in-1 ESC ) and going to give it a try. I know it's a double edged sword but it might make me feel better LOL. I have the 24A version installed on my Alien and they seem to be much more rugged that the 32's. Ah well lets see what happens. Until i get the order my Reverb is out of commission. Good thing I have 5 spare birds to fill the void LOL. Once the Reverb frame gives up I think I will move to the Apex and see how that goes. Anyone else out there flying the Apex frame? If so how do you like it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18