Welcome to DroneRacingPilots!
Join our free drone racing community today!

ESC, BEC, and Servo Cable Questions

tj272004

Reaction score
So I recently purchased this 40amp ESC from amazon because my 4-in-1 broke and while searching I noticed some of the ESC's online only had two cabes (black and white) on their servo cable plug thing. I was wondering why their are only two. Also, I was wondering if my ESC supposedly has BEC, if it automatically supplys the said voltage to the FC, and if I have 4 ESC's with BEC, does it still only give the said voltage. Finally, if I wanted to control a servo via APM, is BEC required?

Thanks in advance!

HighTechPauper

Reaction score
There are only 2 wires because there is only the control signal wire and a ground to shield the signal wire from noise, power to the ESC is another matter depending on whether it is a 4in1 or individuals. Voltage from any BEC is NOT automatically supplied to anything, there must be a path and connection to get power to other things. You only ever get said voltage and nothing else from a BEC. To run a servo you always need power, ground, and a control signal wire, so you must get the proper voltage from somewhere to power the servo. Sorry if this doesn't answer your questions, I am not entirely sure what you are asking, and this build of yours is far from mainstream so very few of us understand what you are putting together.

Reactions: Wayno52

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyTheDronie