Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

connect 2 batteries with parallel to drone

Ekaterina

Reaction score
I wonder if we can connect 2 lipo batteries with parallel to Drone. For instance, I have 4s 450mAh batteries. Instead of buying new 900mAh for a bigger drone, I want to reuse 450mAh x 2. Is that possible? or explode drone?

Attachments

• XT3- parallel.JPG
    XT3- parallel.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 1
Je me demande si nous pouvons connecter 2 batteries lipo avec parallèle à Drone. Par exemple, j’ai des batteries 4s 450mAh. Au lieu d’acheter de nouveaux 900mAh pour un drone plus gros, je veux réutiliser 450mAh x 2. Est-ce possible? ou faire exploser un drone?
oui cest ok

Je me demande si nous pouvons connecter 2 batteries lipo avec parallèle à Drone. Par exemple, j’ai des batteries 4s 450mAh. Au lieu d’acheter de nouveaux 900mAh pour un drone plus gros, je veux réutiliser 450mAh x 2. Est-ce possible? ou faire exploser un drone?
oui pas de problemes

I wonder if we can connect 2 lipo batteries with parallel to Drone. For instance, I have 4s 450mAh batteries. Instead of buying new 900mAh for a bigger drone, I want to reuse 450mAh x 2. Is that possible? or explode drone
As long as both batteries are identical and in good health (no swelling or extreme voltage sags under power) I don't see why not. Make sure all the cells in both batteries are charged to the same level. After the flight if all the cells have discharged to identical levels I think it would be fine. Battery packs commonly have cells wired in parallel. I have a 5000 mah 3s battery that has 6 individual cells.

Terry, so you already tried to connect your batteries with parallel way and everything is fine, was not exploded. That's good to know. Yeah, in theory , it should work, but my friends has not tried before, either because of being scary . Thanks for sharing your experience.

Terry, so you already tried to connect your batteries with parallel way and everything is fine, was not exploded. That's good to know. Yeah, in theory , it should work, but my friends has not tried before, either because of being scary . Thanks for sharing your experience.
Just to be clear, I have not actually connected two drone batteries in parallel yet. I have connected in series to make a 2s battery pack out of 1s batteries.

What I meant to say is that some larger LiPo batteries come from the factory with cells wired in parallel.
You can buy commercially made adapters to connect lipo batteries in parallel, so I believe that they would not risk the liability if this were dangerous in and of itself.
Lipo batteries themselves are more dangerous than other types of batteries and require more than the usual amount of caution when using them. I see from one of your previous posts that you are well aware of this. battery safety question , based on internal resistance
If the cells you plan to use in parallel are of the same voltage, the same C rating, the same mah capacity and same manufacturer then the internal resistance should be the same, if the cells are in the same condition. If you match the batteries you plan to use in parallel using the same criteria as is used in the above mentioned thread for parallel charging then all the cells should be bearing the load equally and heating equally. Over heating is the enemy of LiPos. It usually occurs when charging or discharging the LiPo at to high a rate.

Terry, Thank you so much for high detail advices. For now, I actually bought decent batteries have greater capacity by chance. I will try the parallel test with an expert person in future.

Reactions: Terry 63

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
viorel007