Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Battery out of balance, can it be saved?

RandallEdick

Reaction score
I drained 2 of the 3 cells of my Lipo battery, (0 volts) and one has 1.79 volts. When I attempt to charge with iSDT D2 Mark II it tells me that it cannot balance the battery, Is it a throw away?

Last edited:
I heard you can charge a really discharged LiPo using NiMh mode on the slowest possible charge. It might get it back up enough to charge. If it can measure internal resistance then you can tell how much damage the LiPo has taken. It probably won't work as well as it did before but you might be able use it okay. If it doesn't work well on a quad or high power use you could use it as a USB power supply.

That is correct, the safest way, especially if you aren't using a smoke stopper and fire proof bag is to throw it away.

I heard you can charge a really discharged LiPo using NiMh mode on the slowest possible charge. It might get it back up enough to charge. If it can measure internal resistance then you can tell how much damage the LiPo has taken. It probably won't work as well as it did before but you might be able use it okay. If it doesn't work well on a quad or high power use you could use it as a USB power supply.

That is correct, the safest way, especially if you aren't using a smoke stopper and fire proof bag is to throw it away.
I tossed it. I've had enough issues so far without adding burning my house down to the list. I do use a Lipo bag when charging.

Recently a HV 4s 300 mAh Flywoo Explorer battery had a similar issue when left too long on the battery meter. When plugged in to the charger it read the voltage was too low and it could not be charged. Since it was not puffed or physically damaged, I let it sit in a Lipo Bag for a few hours, then plugged it back in to the charger with another 4s battery, but much higher capactiy, 1500 mAh. Set the charger to balance charge at 0.5 A and monitored by staying nearby. Worked like a charm. I acquired this infor from others that have been in the game for a while.
Although its been discarded and your issue is solved, its good to know just in case you wanna save that battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18