Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

BADRX code comes up everytime i try to arm

adam39

Reaction score
Hi,
I am new to the fpv racing scene but do know how to fly a drone and a pretty technically minded but i bought a echine wizard 220x second hand with the bloke saying he had never bought it which i would believe but nothing set up so i have spent a while setting it up and finally got to the pint were i could try and arm it and than it came up with a throttle and BADRX code i fixed the throttle code but can not fix the BADRX code and can find nothing on it. receiver is wired through uart.
FC- sp racing mof3 v1
Reciever- SPEKTRUM DSMX REMOTE RECEIVER SATELLITE
Transmitter- SpectrumDX6I
Would anyone know how to fix this? is it a hardware issue?

What is your Channel Map set for? And how do the sticks respond in Betaflight? BadRX means that the RX is not seen or is giving a bad reading on the stick input. First thing is to check that your Channel Map is set to TAER1234

All stick respond to the right channels and i have changed the mapping as showed below and has made no difference is there anything else i could do
What is your Channel Map set for? And how do the sticks respond in Betaflight? BadRX means that the RX is not seen or is giving a bad reading on the stick input. First thing is to check that your Channel Map is set to TAER1234

Screenshot (13).png
Screenshot (14).png

Looks like your throttle is too high, Betaflight expects 1000 on the low end, 2000 on the high end and 1500 midpoints.
Show me a pic of the Setup tab in BF

Reactions: rtkDarling
That screen shows there is nothing wrong except the USB cable connection keeping the quad from arming.

1572055879979.png

Straight off the Betaflight GitHub page...

bad initial channel values (although this should trigger BAD_RX_RECOVERY, rather than RX_FAILSAFE)

I think your channel values are the issue, but with Spektrum I am unsure how to get them in tolerance.
You want min 1000, max 2000, and midpoint at 1500. If you can figure out how to get them there it should arm.

I wonder if the aux need to be done too? I am out of ideas, if you are still getting bad_rx_recovery flag it is clear that the FC is not happy with the RX, but what exactly is wrong I don’t know. Perhaps the rx is bad? Did this thing ever work?

yeah i dont even know how to operate the third aux and this is the first i have ever tried hooking this up to a drone and yeah i think i am up for a new receiver what would you advise that is compatiable with the dx6i

I can’t even guess what might work, I’m not a Spektrum user, and I am not convinced it is a bad rx either, I would hate to see you spend money just to be in the same boat. Maybe someone who uses them can advise. Sorry I couldn’t help.

Reactions: rtkDarling
If you get a chance, maybe post a video of the sticks moving to all the endpoints in BF and post the other config screens just in case we can see something wrong there. Ports, Config, Modes

Oh, and a short vid or the Setup screen when you arm showing the arming flag showing up and the Modes tab when the Arm indication goes yellow

how would i upload a video to this website ?
To put a video on here you need to upload it to Youtube and paste the link here. I see a number of things that are not optimal in the config, perhaps you could send me a PM and we can get together to have a look together.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax