Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Avata 2 Goggles 3 Audience Mode

BudWalker

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2nd Goggles 3 to try out Audience mode with the Avata 2. In my limited experience the Audience mode on the Goggles 3 is much less susceptible to the pixelation problem seen with the Goggles V2. It seems that setting the primary goggles video link bandwidth to 40 mHz significantly reduces the pixelation seen in the audience Goggles 3. I'm hoping to explore this more.

However, the Audience Goggles 3 will crash when the pixelation starts to occur. Screen goes black and the video recording terminates. Here's a YouTube

I'm telling DJI that if I'm not convinced this will be fixed then I will return the Goggles 3 and, possibly, re-purchase when it is fixed.

I heard that (for goggles V2 at least), the pixelization problem was caused by different firmware versions on each of the 2 goggles. I haven’t tested that but do you know if your goggles are on the same version?

I heard that (for goggles V2 at least), the pixelization problem was caused by different firmware versions on each of the 2 goggles. I haven’t tested that but do you know if your goggles are on the same version?
They are the same FW version for both of my pair of Goggles 3 as well as the Goggles V2 pair.

There are 2 video links: drone to primary goggles and drone to audience goggles. There is no video link between primary goggles and audience goggles. The primary goggles can detect errors in the video stream and direct the drone to resend any packet that contains an error. The audience goggles link can't do this and any error will cause the pixelation.

They are the same FW version for both of my pair of Goggles 3 as well as the Goggles V2 pair.

There are 2 video links: drone to primary goggles and drone to audience goggles. There is no video link between primary goggles and audience goggles. The primary goggles can detect errors in the video stream and direct the drone to resend any packet that contains an error. The audience goggles link can't do this and any error will cause the pixelation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shempi