Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

AKK Diversity RX 5.8G 48CH FPV Receiver Module wont power up

DavidKersting

Reaction score
So, got a new receiver module, yes didnt realize it had no USB port....darn. Anyway worked fine in my Dom V3's for several flights then just shut off. Sent it back and got a new one...The new one wont power up. Stuck my Nexwave single antenna module in a no problem....Any ideas? Think my fatshark is still OK but not sure what the deal is.

LOL, the problem is you bought a module that is dirt cheap and has no history of success in the market. Their vTX's are just ok since they work ok and are cheap but fail frequently. If you want a decent module at the lowest cost I would suggest a Eachine Pro58 and load Achilles on it, if you want something decent out of the box look for a Furious True-D at about $60 and as long as it is a Rev 3 hardware you can upgrade to 3.8 or 3.9 for free off the Furious site. I have been running the True-D for over 2 years and it is still the best module for the money unless you just love to tinker with bare bones prices and then the Eachine Pro58 loaded with Achilles but I hate the short pins, the poorly fitting cover etc. You want something that works great out of the box after FW upgrade, has a nice snug fitting cover (wont fall out on you), then look for the TrueD at the best price you can find.

Read this

Reactions: Wayno52
Oh, and make sure you have a good antenna set, antennas are the single best upgrade you can make to any vRX, but they won't be dirt cheap, a good antenna is about 15-20 dollars depending on what you want, great antennas are 30-40 dollars depending what you want. If you want good and cheap I suggest the ImmersionRC Spironet Diversity Bundle and an extra Aomway or Spironet Omni for all around and swap one out for the Patch for distance or punching through trees and around/through buildings better.

Reactions: tevek and Wayno52
Hey thanks. I did get the Immersion RC Spironet both mushroom and patch. $45 for both

I agree I cheaped out on the module. wanted to see what a patch does so I got the cheap one (no cover, no USB, and need velcro to secure....ick) big improvements in static and range though. I'm gonna look into the True-D.

FYI, in my last desperate attempt to resolve, I flipped the rx switch on the bottom of my goggles from 0 to 1. The controller powered up. I know I didnt bump the switch when it died......ok, so I dont think I bumped it.

Gradual upgrades. Normally I try not to cheap out, but Im still about 80% LOS....so sinking $$ into "whats on my face" takes from my "whats in the air" budget. Ha, budget.....pfff....what that:)

@DavidKersting, Unless you are buying from your local guys to support them, you may want to look elsewhere for your purchases because $45 is too much for that set, you can get it all day every day at GetFPV for $30.

Also... yeah ya did, you accidentally hit the switch, we all have, it happens. But we rarely miss that one again LOL ;)

1567816550128.png

anyone has stock firmware for akk diversity module? may i copy it? mine got blank due upload achiless software, now the module is not support due to they change the cpu

anyone has stock firmware for akk diversity module? may i copy it? mine got blank due upload achiless software, now the module is not support due to they change the cpu
Got any reply to this? I have been caught too

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
captadam