Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Abouts to give up

WingsGB

Reaction score
I thought i would try getting into the hobby but 4 months later and i have only got to fly my quad 3 times.

I built my first quad and i received a faulty motor, after waiting to get a replacement i then found out some parts didn't go with others so i wasnt able to use Telemetry.

I have just bought a new quad, complete new setup and now all the motors spin the same way and i cant change the direction, any help would be great. I have enough parts for 3 complete builds. This is not fun what so ever and i know it can be but nothing seems to work out of the box grr

New build is
Armattan oomph CW & CCW motors
Fortini F4 FC
Tramp
xsr
Runcam swift 2
xrotor micro 40a 4in1

Last edited:
Well i found a program called Blhelisuite which let me change the direction of the motors. They seem to be correct now.

Now i am having another issue, once i arm the quad and start to give it some throttle. The quad just goes crazy and takes of spinning until i dis arm it.

I didnt have any of these issue on my last FC, raceflight. Setup was really easy

Hey wings, I really wish I could help but unfortunately I too am fairly new to this sport and have no idea. But I think you are in the right place for advice. I hope some of the experienced guys on here can help. Stick with it

Hi There. Don't worry, we have all been There. It may help if you could post a short youtube video and link here.

There are a few things that can cause flipping out on take-off. You have already confirmed motor rotation. I would also double check:

Props are on in right direction.

Yaw setting in betaflight matches direction flight controller is installed.

Motor numbers are in same place as BF diagram. Test this on the motors tab with props off, spinning each motor individually to confirm correct location. (1 in back right, 2 front right, 3 back left, 4 front left).

Let us know if you have any questions on any of these checks.

Reactions: Jtrjr
Well i have been away with work this week but i am hoping to try get some air time this weekend. I am going to build another 1 out of my parts until i get this fixed.

Yaw setting in betaflight matches direction flight controller is installed.

How do i check this?

Yes my motors are fitted as the diagram says 1 in back right, 2 front right, 3 back left, 4 front left

There should be an arrow on the flight controller pointing to the front. If the arrow faces to the right, i believe that is +90 but you might double check which way is plus and which is minus.

Reactions: Jtrjr
Don't forget to calibrate your ESCs, set min throttle and set your stick end/mid points

Hi Wings
The learning curve is steep...
You are well on your way. You tube is EXCELLENT FOR ALL THINGS Quad.
The guys in here are AWSOME and will gladly help . Just ask .... I am new as well and these guys have helped me immensely.
This hobby is very new to EVERYONE,
So we all help each other figure stuff out.
Don't expect to much from yourself at first
And you will be AWSOME. I personally spend about a 1/2 hour a day surfing you tube for KNOWLEDGE!!!!! It is all there.

Peace always Keith

Reactions: JohnnyNotech

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebchopra